Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
12-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:Austalia according to Australians...

Quote:The worst country ever. And I'm from Australia. You know it's shit because all you hear is dickheads saying "Australia is the best because we're laid back and like the 'footy'". Australia isn't laid back at all and society focuses it's attention on being within the top 5 most obese countries and also, cutting anyone down who has ambitions. The entertainment industry is laughable and anyone pursuing a career (I mean real career like being a musician or game designer not some shitty job like 'accounting') will have to leave this country to get any success. If you walk out on the street wearing cool clothes people give you odd looks for not being shit like them. This place is just another 9-5 fatass loser place with ugly slut women. NOTHING HAPPENS IN THIS COUNTRY! THE ONLY ONES SAYING IT ROCKS ARE LOSERS WHO DON'T HAVE ANY ASPIRATIONS AT ALL!

Not only this, but australia has this thing where they remove anything awesome. i call it the AUSTRALIA'S CAMPAIGN ON ANYTHING GOOD. First they removed pop tarts because they were too awesome, then skittles but skittles returned. then they got rid of gummi worms then they started pulling bullshit like taking away my favourite beer from pubs and then when movies came out the best movies they'd only show in unknown random cinemas in the middle of nowhere. whenever i buy something like food and start to enjoy it a few weeks later they get rid of it. NO ONE NOTICES THIS SHIT. IN FACT, ANY AUSTRALIAN WON'T NOTICE HOW SHIT EVER...
lol. Let me tell you something about this person.
  • Will own a MacBook
  • Finished school, went to uni to study 'arts'. Like most others, not much more happened.
  • Hates sports and thinks that there are much more important 'issues'. Fuck sports and sportsman. I hate them all. Overpaid and overrated. Fuck them all.
  • Has some styled facial hair, but still able to give it the scruffy look that says "not much effort was involved"
  • Possibly vegetarian, might shop organic
  • Only likes arthouse cinema. If it's popular, it sucks.
  • Has a certain music taste, but will hate anything that's popular/mainstream. It will surely suck.
  • Possibly a 'gamer'
  • Likes to frequent cafes
  • Likes to go and checkout the bands doing small gigs
  • Is a greeny and all for the environment

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Politics Unfiltered
My buddy wrote something I thought was worth sharing!!!!

Ok, I go something to say. (Big surprise, I know.)
I care a lot about this gun control debate. It isn't because I am a gun nut, but because I am a freedom nut. Our Constitutional liberties are, once again, about to come under attack under the guise of security, as they were in 2001. (I was staunchly against the Patriot Act also.)

The part that kills me, is that I haven't seen a single person on TV calling for gun control that even knows a damn thing about them. I am a facts driven person, so I am gonna share some facts with those of you who don't know the intricacies of firearms.

There is SO much incorrect information used by the media for fearmongering. Here is some truth.

1. Clips don't go in guns. News people are all a flutter to talk about "Ammo Clips." The portion of a gun that contains the ammunition is the MAGAZINE. An "Ammo Clip" was a metal device used on US government ammunition that holds all the ammunition in straight lines so that soldiers could load them into the MAGAZINES of their weapons. SOME turn of the century rifles could actually load directly from them. All these rifles are currently 100 or more years old. Don't believe me ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripper_clip

Any one that calls a magazine a "clip" doesn't know what they are talking about.

2. The .223 Remington cartridge The AR-15 fires is NOT a high power round. It was designed for farmers to kill prairie dogs and gophers. It is not really an acceptable round for even hunting deer. The average deer hunting rifle is orders of magnitude more powerful. Again, if you hear this on the news, you should discount anything said, because the person knows nothing.

3. There is no such thing as an "Assault Weapon." It is a term coined by gun control fans to demonize an already scary LOOKING weapon.

4. In the AR-15, the primary weapon being demonized at the moment, you get ONE bullet for ONE pull of the trigger. This is Identical to the operation of any other semiautomatic rifle, handgun, or shotgun. They are not fully automatic where they spray bullets everywhere. Those have been illegal since 1986. (Take that fans of Reagan)

5. AR doesn't stand for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite, the company that invented the rifle in the 50's. Again, if you hear this, you can be assured that the person saying it doesn't know what they are talking about.

6. Banning high capacity "Clips" will not solve the problem. In my AR-15, I can empty a 30 round MAGAZINE in about 30 seconds accurately. I can empty three ten round MAGAZINES accurately in about 40 seconds. And I am no commando, either.

7. Several times now, I have heard news people say that we have to try banning "Assault Weapons" before we can know if it will work. Ummm try reading a book. Clinton pushed through a ban on "Assault Weapons" in 1994 with a ten year trial period. It was allowed to expire upon recommendations from the FBI and ATF in 2004 because it decreased crime -zero-. Again, history books are your friend here.

8. In the last 20 years how many school shootings involved an AR-15? One. Sandy Hook. And it was in the trunk of the car.

9. You can buy guns without a background check at gun shows. Bullshit. Try it. The Rose City Gun and Knife show is held every three weeks at the expo center. I will gladly take any naysayers there and show them.

10. They keep saying that we can get AR-15s back as there are only "several thousand out there." Again, bullshit. At last count there are at least 81 million of them that have been sold inside the United States. They account for fully one-fifth of all firearms that exist in this country. I personally know seven people that own at least one of them, and that is just off the top of my head.

11. Timothy McVeigh killed hundreds of Americans, including more precious children. He never fired a damned shot. Monsters are monsters.

12. Another thing. Everyone in the media keeps talking about hunting. A will say something that all of them are clearly too chickenshit to say. The Second Amendment isn't about hunting. It is about resisting a tyrannical government that wishes to do in our rights. See, the founding fathers were wise enough to realize that at every point in history where a tyrannical regime rose, their was a prior action to disarm citizens. Every time. Hitler was proud of the fact that he was going to build the first nation in Europe with strict gun control. Again, history books are your friend here. Don't assume that just because it is our government that they have our best interest in mind.

Rant Over. Please do some research before you weigh in on this, and not from Fox news or Thinkprogress, either. When our rights are gone, they are gone. This may not effect you now, but some day it will. Or some other legislation will. The Second Amendment keeps our government in check so that our way of life can be carried forward to our children.

If you have children, hug them. Pay attention to them. Defend them. Teach them to not be violent. Teach them to care for one another. It is the only way we are going to stop tragedies like this from happening. Scapegoating law abiding, freedom loving fellow Americans will get us nowhere.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled NFL football.
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:My buddy wrote something I thought was worth sharing!!!!

I care a lot about this gun control debate. It isn't because I am a gun nut, but because I am a freedom nut. Our Constitutional liberties are, once again, about to come under attack under the guise of security, as they were in 2001. (I was staunchly against the Patriot Act also.)

The part that kills me, is that I haven't seen a single person on TV calling for gun control that even knows a damn thing about them. I am a facts driven person, so I am gonna share some facts with those of you who don't know the intricacies of firearms.

There is SO much incorrect information used by the media for fearmongering. Here is some truth.

1. Clips don't go in guns. News people are all a flutter to talk about "Ammo Clips." The portion of a gun that contains the ammunition is the MAGAZINE. An "Ammo Clip" was a metal device used on US government ammunition that holds all the ammunition in straight lines so that soldiers could load them into the MAGAZINES of their weapons. SOME turn of the century rifles could actually load directly from them. All these rifles are currently 100 or more years old. Don't believe me ?

Any one that calls a magazine a "clip" doesn't know what they are talking about.

2. The .223 Remington cartridge The AR-15 fires is NOT a high power round. It was designed for farmers to kill prairie dogs and gophers. It is not really an acceptable round for even hunting deer. The average deer hunting rifle is orders of magnitude more powerful. Again, if you hear this on the news, you should discount anything said, because the person knows nothing.

3. There is no such thing as an "Assault Weapon." It is a term coined by gun control fans to demonize an already scary LOOKING weapon.

4. In the AR-15, the primary weapon being demonized at the moment, you get ONE bullet for ONE pull of the trigger. This is Identical to the operation of any other semiautomatic rifle, handgun, or shotgun. They are not fully automatic where they spray bullets everywhere. Those have been illegal since 1986. (Take that fans of Reagan)

5. AR doesn't stand for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite, the company that invented the rifle in the 50's. Again, if you hear this, you can be assured that the person saying it doesn't know what they are talking about.

6. Banning high capacity "Clips" will not solve the problem. In my AR-15, I can empty a 30 round MAGAZINE in about 30 seconds accurately. I can empty three ten round MAGAZINES accurately in about 40 seconds. And I am no commando, either.

7. Several times now, I have heard news people say that we have to try banning "Assault Weapons" before we can know if it will work. Ummm try reading a book. Clinton pushed through a ban on "Assault Weapons" in 1994 with a ten year trial period. It was allowed to expire upon recommendations from the FBI and ATF in 2004 because it decreased crime -zero-. Again, history books are your friend here.

8. In the last 20 years how many school shootings involved an AR-15? One. Sandy Hook. And it was in the trunk of the car.

9. You can buy guns without a background check at gun shows. Bullshit. Try it. The Rose City Gun and Knife show is held every three weeks at the expo center. I will gladly take any naysayers there and show them.

10. They keep saying that we can get AR-15s back as there are only "several thousand out there." Again, bullshit. At last count there are at least 81 million of them that have been sold inside the United States. They account for fully one-fifth of all firearms that exist in this country. I personally know seven people that own at least one of them, and that is just off the top of my head.

11. Timothy McVeigh killed hundreds of Americans, including more precious children. He never fired a damned shot. Monsters are monsters.

12. Another thing. Everyone in the media keeps talking about hunting. A will say something that all of them are clearly too chickenshit to say. The Second Amendment isn't about hunting. It is about resisting a tyrannical government that wishes to do in our rights. See, the founding fathers were wise enough to realize that at every point in history where a tyrannical regime rose, their was a prior action to disarm citizens. Every time. Hitler was proud of the fact that he was going to build the first nation in Europe with strict gun control. Again, history books are your friend here. Don't assume that just because it is our government that they have our best interest in mind.

Rant Over. Please do some research before you weigh in on this, and not from Fox news or Thinkprogress, either. When our rights are gone, they are gone. This may not effect you now, but some day it will. Or some other legislation will. The Second Amendment keeps our government in check so that our way of life can be carried forward to our children.

If you have children, hug them. Pay attention to them. Defend them. Teach them to not be violent. Teach them to care for one another. It is the only way we are going to stop tragedies like this from happening. Scapegoating law abiding, freedom loving fellow Americans will get us nowhere.

Here's the nub of it though Cane. You say you passionately care about your liberties, well so does Viper, Fitz, Lloyd and anyone else on the 'other' side of the debate.

Why do you feel it is so important that you need a semi-automatic to protect your liberty? Because back about a billion years ago when some dudes had just fought Britain and were running around with muskets they put it in your constitution?

I guess we just don't get it. And if you do need a semi-automatic just feel safe at night then I guess America really is in the shitter.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Politics Unfiltered
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
BrotherCane Wrote:My buddy wrote something I thought was worth sharing!!!!

Here's the nub of it though Cane. You say you passionately care about your liberties, well so does Viper, Fitz, Lloyd and anyone else on the 'other' side of the debate.

Why do you feel it is so important that you need a semi-automatic to protect your liberty? Because back about a billion years ago when some dudes had just fought Britain and were running around with muskets they put it in your constitution?

I guess we just don't get it. And if you do need a semi-automatic just feel safe at night then I guess America really is in the shitter.
Different strokes ollie! You can say anything you want on the subject, I won't be changing my mind! A semi auto riffle wasn't even used in the awful crime! Y'all don't understand that tyranny was the main reason for the 2nd amendment! And nothing y'all can say will shame me on my views but feel free to try for another 30 pages dude!
12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Fitz Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:Austalia according to Australians...

Quote:The worst country ever. And I'm from Australia. You know it's shit because all you hear is dickheads saying "Australia is the best because we're laid back and like the 'footy'". Australia isn't laid back at all and society focuses it's attention on being within the top 5 most obese countries and also, cutting anyone down who has ambitions. The entertainment industry is laughable and anyone pursuing a career (I mean real career like being a musician or game designer not some shitty job like 'accounting') will have to leave this country to get any success. If you walk out on the street wearing cool clothes people give you odd looks for not being shit like them. This place is just another 9-5 fatass loser place with ugly slut women. NOTHING HAPPENS IN THIS COUNTRY! THE ONLY ONES SAYING IT ROCKS ARE LOSERS WHO DON'T HAVE ANY ASPIRATIONS AT ALL!

Not only this, but australia has this thing where they remove anything awesome. i call it the AUSTRALIA'S CAMPAIGN ON ANYTHING GOOD. First they removed pop tarts because they were too awesome, then skittles but skittles returned. then they got rid of gummi worms then they started pulling bullshit like taking away my favourite beer from pubs and then when movies came out the best movies they'd only show in unknown random cinemas in the middle of nowhere. whenever i buy something like food and start to enjoy it a few weeks later they get rid of it. NO ONE NOTICES THIS SHIT. IN FACT, ANY AUSTRALIAN WON'T NOTICE HOW SHIT EVER...
lol. Let me tell you something about this person.
  • Will own a MacBook
  • Finished school, went to uni to study 'arts'. Like most others, not much more happened.
  • Hates sports and thinks that there are much more important 'issues'. Fuck sports and sportsman. I hate them all. Overpaid and overrated. Fuck them all.
  • Has some styled facial hair, but still able to give it the scruffy look that says "not much effort was involved"
  • Possibly vegetarian, might shop organic
  • Only likes arthouse cinema. If it's popular, it sucks.
  • Has a certain music taste, but will hate anything that's popular/mainstream. It will surely suck.
  • Possibly a 'gamer'
  • Likes to frequent cafes
  • Likes to go and checkout the bands doing small gigs
  • Is a greeny and all for the environment

You guys have liberal, hipster democrats too? Weird...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Politics Unfiltered
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:Here's the nub of it though Cane. You say you passionately care about your liberties, well so does Viper, Fitz, Lloyd and anyone else on the 'other' side of the debate.
You can't passionately care about something that you don't have. You guys don't know what it's like to really have liberty. We do, which is why we don't want to give it up. It all comes back to individual freedoms.

12-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Politics Unfiltered
The constitution for free! http://www.amazon.com/The-United-States-...B004TPCQWC
12-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:You guys don't know what it's like to really have liberty.
Pardon?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Pardon?
In New Zealand, it is illegal to spank your child. Not that spanking children is the defining factor of liberty, but the fact that the government can tell you how to discipline your child is a small tip to an even bigger iceberg.

12-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:
Pardon?
In New Zealand, it is illegal to spank your child. Not that spanking children is the defining factor of liberty, but the fact that the government can tell you how to discipline your child is a small tip to an even bigger iceberg.
See here buddy you are starting to trespass on very very thin ice. It is not illegal to spank your child, if you knew anything of our laws here you'd know that.

The 'anti smacking bill' is not about the ability to discipline your child forcibly, but hey if want to run half arsed into a debate on that with me go for it, I will embarrass you.

Don't think a quick Google search of our 'anti smacking law' is really going to give you the ammo you seek. Our's was the first country in the Democratic world to give women the vote. I think we know a little bit about liberty.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)