Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
12-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Politics Unfiltered
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:It's equally insulting to have people that do not live in America tell me how shitty it is.

One thing that you forget lloyd, America fought for your freedom too...as well as most of Europe.
Let's be honest about this Spyder, America fought for their own interests in the war and only entered when it's own position was threatened, as opposed to say Australia, Canada, NZ that went to Britain's aid straight away.

Is the world glad and grateful that America finally got involved, yes of course it was, but let's not get it twisted and pretend America fought for the freedom of anyone else but it's own. As I say that is OK, and I understand the American position and reluctance to get involved after the clusterfuck that was World War One, but to pretend otherwise is a little misleading I think.

No Pearl Harbour it is quite likely that America watches Europe go under entirely.
I guess if you want to revise history, then you can tell the story however you want. The part that I find hysterical is that everybody loves to hate on America, until they NEED America.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:You guys don't know what it's like to really have liberty.
Pardon?
In New Zealand, it is illegal to spank your child. Not that spanking children is the defining factor of liberty, but the fact that the government can tell you how to discipline your child is a small tip to an even bigger iceberg.
See here buddy you are starting to trespass on very very thin ice. It is not illegal to spank your child, if you knew anything of our laws here you'd know that.

The 'anti smacking bill' is not about the ability to discipline your child forcibly, but hey if want to run half arsed into a debate on that with me go for it, I will embarrass you.

Don't think a quick Google search of our 'anti smacking law' is really going to give you the ammo you seek. Our's was the first country in the Democratic world to give women the vote. I think we know a little bit about liberty.
Oh, so it's cool for you to bash American culture, but God forbid someone hold a mirror up for you...

There is no reason to stop being a lady, Ollie.
Go for it dude. Feel free, I just will embarrass you is all.
You shouldn't throw stones, Ollie.

12-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Politics Unfiltered
TheFonz Wrote:Talk about hypocrisy, we go pages and pages with you guys bashing us, our constitution and culture and as soon as Spyder brings it back you get panties ruffled. Grow up!
See I don't think anyone is necessarily bashing American culture and despite what Cane says no-one is saying American's should give up their guns or their precious right to bear arms.

The consistent message is can't you guys have stricter gun control? That's about it.

I guess if you mean that we find it sad that American's find it OK to consider having armed guards in their schools as 'bashing your culture' then yeah guilty as charged.

I personally love visiting America and love most American's I meet. Are there parts of your society I find sad and at times twisted, yes there are but I don't think anyone is bashing your culture per se.
You are bashing our culture of freedom and individual responsibility. Your answer to our violence is to take away our freedom of personal protection in exchange for more Government. I have shown you multiple examples of that strategy being tried and failing. I don't know what else to tell you to convince you that you are wrong.

12-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Find all posts by this user
12-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:C U next Tuesday!
Merry Xmas Cane, have a good one buddy.
'C U Next Tuesday' is actually a subtle/secret and less vulgar way of call you a 'cunt'. I learnt that from a girl I was seeing, lol.
12-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Also, I wasn't bashing your country. I was just pointing out how ludicrous I find it with such relaxed (no gun laws?) gun laws. I also commented on the healthcare system when it got brought up.
I don't hate America at all.
12-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Fitz Wrote:
'C U Next Tuesday' is actually a subtle/secret and less vulgar way of call you a 'cunt'. I learnt that from a girl I was seeing, lol.
Oh I get it now! And I thought he was just being polite lol

In that case, see you next Tuesday, twice ya cunt lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-25-2012, 05:10 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Fitz Wrote:
Oh I get it now! And I thought he was just being polite lol

In that case, see you next Tuesday, twice ya cunt lol
Needs to be with a C mate. Or else it dont work. Subtle yank humour at its best
12-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:It's equally insulting to have people that do not live in America tell me how shitty it is.

One thing that you forget lloyd, America fought for your freedom too...as well as most of Europe.
Let's be honest about this Spyder, America fought for their own interests in the war and only entered when it's own position was threatened, as opposed to say Australia, Canada, NZ that went to Britain's aid straight away.

Is the world glad and grateful that America finally got involved, yes of course it was, but let's not get it twisted and pretend America fought for the freedom of anyone else but it's own. As I say that is OK, and I understand the American position and reluctance to get involved after the clusterfuck that was World War One, but to pretend otherwise is a little misleading I think.

No Pearl Harbour it is quite likely that America watches Europe go under entirely.
America was itching to get into World War II. Pearl Harbor gave them a legitimate reason to do so. Before that they were manufacturing guns, planes, and tanks for the allied forces opposing Germany.

And to say that the U.S. got involved solely for her own interests is also a little unfair. Everyone fights for their own interests. England was fighting out of self defense, so was Russia (who had just signed a peace deal with the Germans before Hitler rolled over on them), so was France, and so was Australia. I don't know what the fuck Canada was doing, quite honestly, but as a commonwealth of Britain with with a British Queen as its official head of state, I don't think it strange to find them doing their part as well.

America, on the other hand, saw most of her boys lost in the Pacific Theater. No one did more to clean that shit-hole out. England and the rest of Europe was too busy getting their shit pushed in by Hitler to even be bothered with what was going on out in the Pacific.

America came in bitch-slapping motherfuckers, bombing the ever-loving fuck out of them, and rewriting their fucking constitutions, because that's just how we roll. But to act like America was the only one looking out for themselves is unfair and incorrect. As I said, America supplied European armies with weapons long before she got involved, and when she did get involved, it was for the exact same reason as every other fucking allied nation did, because of the aggression waged against her by a foreign nation. And I really wish people would stop trying to rewrite history, because it isn't fair to all the men and women who died trying to live up to the standard that most Americans hold themselves to.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Warlord Wrote:

America was itching to get into World War II. Pearl Harbor gave them a legitimate reason to do so. Before that they were manufacturing guns, planes, and tanks for the allied forces opposing Germany.

And to say that the U.S. got involved solely for her own interests is also a little unfair. Everyone fights for their own interests. England was fighting out of self defense, so was Russia (who had just signed a peace deal with the Germans before Hitler rolled over on them), so was France, and so was Australia. I don't know what the fuck Canada was doing, quite honestly, but as a commonwealth of Britain with with a British Queen as its official head of state, I don't think it strange to find them doing their part as well.

America, on the other hand, saw most of her boys lost in the Pacific Theater. No one did more to clean that shit-hole out. England and the rest of Europe was too busy getting their shit pushed in by Hitler to even be bothered with what was going on out in the Pacific.

America came in bitch-slapping motherfuckers, bombing the ever-loving fuck out of them, and rewriting their fucking constitutions, because that's just how we roll. But to act like America was the only one looking out for themselves is unfair and incorrect. As I said, America supplied European armies with weapons long before she got involved, and when she did get involved, it was for the exact same reason as every other fucking allied nation did, because of the aggression waged against her by a foreign nation. And I really wish people would stop trying to rewrite history, because it isn't fair to all the men and women who died trying to live up to the standard that most Americans hold themselves to.
Disagree. Yes Roosevelt wanted to get into the war, after all war was good for the 'new deal' (also part of the reason why they were so keen to manufacture arms for the allies) but there really wasn't an appetite to enter it from the general public. This isn't an opinion but a reasonably well acknowledged fact. For an educated guy I'm surprised you don't know this.

It's even been rumored that Roosevelt knew Pearl Harbour was coming but didn't do anything about it because this was an event which would finally swing public approval behind him to enter the war. I personally don't buy that but it does illustrate the benevolence with which the populous viewed events in Europe.

If they had wanted in with the war they would have joined the allies in 1939, simple as that.

As for the bitch-slapping etc etc part, if you had had to go one-on-one with Germany you would have got your asses kicked lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)