Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
12-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Politics Unfiltered
If this fiscal cliff deal goes through without any entitlement cuts then Obama is officially the biggest pussy to ever occupy the White House. Because the fiscal cliff is a joke compared with the confidence cliff that will happen overnight when the bond markets realize that we have absolutely no chance or intention of honoring our debts.

Our politicians are all spineless pieces of shit and we are all going to suffer greatly for their cowardice. Fuck them all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Politics Unfiltered
I'm starting to hope that we go over. I think that is the only way that any significant cuts will be made. The pressure to pass emergency tax cuts after the dive will force these buffoons to figure it out.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Spyder Wrote:I'm starting to hope that we go over. I think that is the only way that any significant cuts will be made. The pressure to pass emergency tax cuts after the dive will force these buffoons to figure it out.
I absolutely agree. We don't have the money to have a military that costs more than the next 17 militaries combined so fucking cut it with an ax. And raise the retirement age to 72 for SS and Medicare. Cap medical liabilities at $250k. Change govt retirement packages from defined benefit to defined contribution. And go back to the Clinton tax rates for everyone except for those making $100k and above - for them, make the top rate 40% (39.6% is an insult.)

And make a law that there won't be any bailouts for the states - especially New York, California or Illinois.

The dollar is either money or its not.
12-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Politics Unfiltered
salvador Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:I'm starting to hope that we go over. I think that is the only way that any significant cuts will be made. The pressure to pass emergency tax cuts after the dive will force these buffoons to figure it out.
I absolutely agree. We don't have the money to have a military that costs more than the next 17 militaries combined so fucking cut it with an ax. And raise the retirement age to 72 for SS and Medicare. Cap medical liabilities at $250k. Change govt retirement packages from defined benefit to defined contribution. And go back to the Clinton tax rates for everyone except for those making $100k and above - for them, make the top rate 40% (39.6% is an insult.)

And make a law that there won't be any bailouts for the states - especially New York, California or Illinois.

The dollar is either money or its not.
I favor a flat tax. Success shouldn't be viewed as a crime needing to be fined.

I totally agree about everything else...especially blocking federal bailout of states.

12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Politics Unfiltered
Looks like they might have a deal but man, agreeing to tax hikes and no spending cuts is just crazy to me!
12-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:Looks like they might have a deal but man, agreeing to tax hikes and no spending cuts is just crazy to me!
It's crazy, but that means the spending sequester goes through. The House has no plans to vote on it tonight.

12-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Politics Unfiltered
This Keynesian economics has to stop...between that and not facing our true liabilities, it's like smoking cigarettes over a 55 gallon drum of diesel. Add what the FED is doing and it's all really bad news!
01-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Politics Unfiltered
BrotherCane Wrote:This Keynesian economics has to stop...between that and not facing our true liabilities, it's like smoking cigarettes over a 55 gallon drum of diesel. Add what the FED is doing and it's all really bad news!
The 1970's is right around the corner my man.

01-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Politics Unfiltered
Fuck the whole lot of them. Cliff or not, I meet up with my credit union this week to start the purchase of my second home, so they can all suck it. I still say as long as the INDIVIDUAL manages their money properly it does not matter what the assholes in Washington do or don't do.

I've managed my shit to even if I lose my job and have to take a lower paying job, I will always be able to make my mortgage even if I have to go back to night stocking at retail. I might be cooking by candle light but the bank will not be taking my homes.

its a damn shame though that the divide is so great that they cannot even give a bit on each side to help the American people.
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Politics Unfiltered
So the 100 page bill has a ratio of $45 of taxes to $1 of spending cuts and that money is all gone to Hurricane Sandy! Wow.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)