Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
10-12-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
(10-12-2014 11:15 AM)Decagon Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 10:31 PM)Spyder Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:47 PM)Decagon Wrote:  There are more transsexual people in Iran than in America.
Are you implying that being transsexual is the same thing as being homosexual?

No, just throwing an interesting fact out there.
Oh ok, I thought that comment was in response to what I said. Then another unrelated factoid, ISIS is fighting with weapons supplied from us.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Everyone is fighting with weapons supplied by the west
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Not really. Most of our enemies use Soviet arms...either supplied or surplus.

Here's a really cool Doc on the AK47: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOUnoszwuJY

10-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Iran's reaction to homosexuality is misguided, but somewhat enlightened. It confuses gender identity with sexuality, but here's the general idea: instead of beating, imprisoning and even executing homosexuals, Iran has been helping them pay for gender reassignment surgery. Sure, it's rather silly, but higher-ups in Islam love the idea.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
10-12-2014, 06:44 PM
(10-12-2014 06:10 PM)Decagon Wrote:  Iran's reaction to homosexuality is misguided, but somewhat enlightened. It confuses gender identity with sexuality, but here's the general idea: instead of beating, imprisoning and even executing homosexuals, Iran has been helping them pay for gender reassignment surgery. Sure, it's rather silly, but higher-ups in Islam love the idea.
No, Iran has forced them to have surgery and live in another gender or face death. There is no charity in Iran's effort, only Totalitarianism fueled by intolerance and brutality in the name of Islam.

10-12-2014, 08:17 PM
(10-12-2014 06:44 PM)Spyder Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 06:10 PM)Decagon Wrote:  Iran's reaction to homosexuality is misguided, but somewhat enlightened. It confuses gender identity with sexuality, but here's the general idea: instead of beating, imprisoning and even executing homosexuals, Iran has been helping them pay for gender reassignment surgery. Sure, it's rather silly, but higher-ups in Islam love the idea.
No, Iran has forced them to have surgery and live in another gender or face death. There is no charity in Iran's effort, only Totalitarianism fueled by intolerance and brutality in the name of Islam.

Stop getting your news from right-wing blogs. Yes, there have been a few cases of pre- or peri-op transsexuals being forced to continue with their sex changes instead of remaining, for instance, a man/woman with a penis and breasts, but I haven't read of any homosexuals being forced to change gender or "face death." The death penalty is actually quite rare for consensual homosexuality, with a few cases reported in 2005 and 2006. The law changed in 2012, but before that, both partners in a homosexuality case could face death. I don't know of any death penalties handed down since then for consensual sodomy.

Anyone who's lived in the Middle East knows that homosexuality is extremely common in that region, perhaps due to the seclusion of women.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
10-13-2014, 02:19 AM
(10-12-2014 08:17 PM)Decagon Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 06:44 PM)Spyder Wrote:  

Stop getting your news from right-wing blogs. Yes, there have been a few cases of pre- or peri-op transsexuals being forced to continue with their sex changes instead of remaining, for instance, a man/woman with a penis and breasts, but I haven't read of any homosexuals being forced to change gender or "face death." The death penalty is actually quite rare for consensual homosexuality, with a few cases reported in 2005 and 2006. The law changed in 2012, but before that, both partners in a homosexuality case could face death. I don't know of any death penalties handed down since then for consensual sodomy.

Anyone who's lived in the Middle East knows that homosexuality is extremely common in that region, perhaps due to the seclusion of women.
You probably won't read any disparaging reports coming out of Tehran, because that is how Tyranny works.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.620330

I very rarely read blogs, but I don't just read one ideology's take on things. I like to know what the dummies on the other side are saying as well. Big Grin

10-13-2014, 08:59 AM
#leanforward #progress smh https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/...ign=100914
10-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Iran has traditionally been one of the more forward-thinking nations in the region. It banned the veil in the 1930s, and it's one of the most democratic nations in the Middle East. Yeah, compared to a Western nation, it's pretty backward, but compared to Saudi Arabia and a lot of our "allies," it's downright modern.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
10-13-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure which Iran you are talking about, but it doesn't at all sound like the one that borders Iraq.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Iran

Quote:LGBT rights in Iran since the 1930s have come in conflict with the penal code. Homosexuality is a crime punishable by imprisonment, corporal punishment, or in some cases of sodomy, even execution. Gay men have faced stricter enforcement actions under the law than lesbians. Iran insists that it does not execute people for homosexuality, and that homosexuals who have been executed have either committed rape, murder, or drug trafficking.

Any type of sexual activity outside a heterosexual marriage is forbidden. Transsexuality in Iran is legal if accompanied by a sex change operation, with Iran carrying out more sex-change operations than any other country in the world bar Thailand. These surgeries are typically partially funded by the state, with homosexual men being pressured to undergo them both by government and society. Transsexuals still report societal intolerance as in other societies around the world.

Nor your Religion of peace and tolerance...

Quote:Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If you find anyone doing as Lot's people did, kill the one who does it, and the one to whom it is done.
— Sunan Abu Dawood, 38:4447

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)