Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Politics Unfiltered
12-28-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: Politics Unfiltered
I've gone off movies. Some of the new TV series are blowing the fucking socks off the cinema screen. I'd rather watch a big budget TV series like The Wire, Game of Thrones or Deadwood than any new blockbuster movie. There's just not enough time for any real plot or character development in two hours compared to twelve one hour episodes with movie quality production and casting.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2014, 08:05 PM
(12-28-2014 07:21 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I've gone off movies. Some of the new TV series are blowing the fucking socks off the cinema screen. I'd rather watch a big budget TV series like The Wire, Game of Thrones or Deadwood than any new blockbuster movie. There's just not enough time for any real plot or character development in two hours compared to twelve one hour episodes with movie quality production and casting.

Black

I just finished binge-watching Game of Thrones 10 minutes ago and if you haven't gotten to the last episode of season 4, stop reading now.

But if you have seen it, Brandon Stark asks the magic guy if he's ever going to walk again and the magic guy says, "you'll never walk again, but you will fly."

At the risk of asking a totally nerdy question, wouldn't it be like totally bitchin' if Brandon Stark ended up riding a dragon into battle in the final battle?

Remember where you heard it first!
12-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Bran is a Warg. He won't fly on the dragon, he'll control it the way he does his direwolf, Hodor, etc...

It's possible Jon Snow is a Warg as well, but we'll have to wait and see. I also believe Jon to be a Targaryen as well.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Is he a Targaryen or is he going to marry a Targaryen?
12-28-2014, 11:15 PM
(12-28-2014 09:02 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Bran is a Warg. He won't fly on the dragon, he'll control it the way he does his direwolf, Hodor, etc...

It's possible Jon Snow is a Warg as well, but we'll have to wait and see. I also believe Jon to be a Targaryen as well.

For someone who doesn't watch Game of Thrones, that looks like absolute gibberish. lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2014, 11:20 PM
Both, maybe. I think he's a Targaryen because in the books, it drops some subtle hints about it. One is that Rhaegar Targaryen didn't kidnap and rape Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister and Robert's betrothed) the way Robert believed. It was alluded to that Rhaegar loved her.

The second is that in the books, and in the show, it is pointed out just how much of an honorable a man Ned was. Robert even says he'd love to meet the woman that made Ned Stark forget about his honor. Yet all the evidence shows that Ned places his honor above even his own safety. That he would've borne a bastard is completely out of character for him.

The third is that when Lyanna is dying, she says "Promise me, Ned." A lot of fans believe she begged Ned to take care of Jon, and not to let Robert know of his existence, as Robert surely would've killed a Targaryen offspring, especially a boy, and most especially a boy borne by Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Legends also state that Targaryens are born in blood and fire, and often kill their mothers as they are brought into the world. Lyanna dying in childbirth during Robert's Rebellion provides both blood and fire for Jon's birth.

If you want a real twist, there is another character in the books (and show) who killed his mother during childbirth. If you think hard, you'll know who it is. The most interesting twist is that he is hated by his "father", who notes in the show that he only keeps his son around because he can't prove he isn't his.

That would make three Targaryen children, to fit the three-headed Dragon motif.

Jon Snow being both Stark and Targaryen would be an interesting plot device, and GRRM has admitted that some fans have figure out the ending, so it is possible. Right now though it is all speculation, so please don't think I've spoiled the show someone. It's all guesswork.

12-28-2014, 11:56 PM
I've been contemplating on whether I should read the books. I wonder if I would enjoy the books less as I have watched all seasons up to date already, I may not get the surprise element after watching the show.
How did you find the books Warlord?
12-29-2014, 08:50 AM
I'd recommend them for sure. The first book is as faithful an adaptation of a book as I've seen done, but the rest have enough differences from the show that it doesn't feel like a retread.

The funny thing is that the first book was still the most enjoyable to me, even though I'd already seen the first season of the show. It's great because it fills in a lot of the backstory for the characters. A lot of the characters get fleshed out a little more too.

Danerys becomes almost unbearable in the latest two books.

12-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I hate "Danny".

I agree Ned Stark would never have bore that son out of wedlock. Its so fkg obvious.

Would love to find out Tyrion is a Targ.

I pity Theon much like I pitied Roy Jones and Mike Tyson after they were KO'd. You rooted for them to eat humble pie, and, after they are brutally force fed it, you root hard for their come back. I don't think Theon is coming back from this shit. Jesus.

I wonder what kinds of dogs they used in the show for those big dogs. They weren't Rotties. They weren't canary dogs (I dont think), but they sure were fucking big and bad.
12-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Which dogs? I'm trying to recall. I only remember the wolves that they rescued at the start and watched grow up over a few seasons.
Are you talking about different dogs than the dire wolves?

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)