Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins in their primes?
Marciano
Louis
[Show Results]

Marciano-Louis: Right place, right time for Rocky?
01-13-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: Marciano-Louis: Right place, right time for Rocky?
I just could not disagree more. Look at Louis's first fight with Schmeling, and then his fight againt the Rock. Though separated by many years, both fights have one thing in common: Joe's propensity to drop that left hand.

There was never a time jn his career where he was going to match up well against Rocky.

You can discount it if you want, but Rocky carried Joe round after round in their fight, because he didn't want to hurt him. It's when his corner lit into him and told him that he was doing more damage carrying Joe than he would if he just laid him out that Rocky went and turned his lights out in the very next round.

Then he went into his dressing room and wept.

Joe was old, but as I've pointed out in these forums before, he wasn't nearly as old and faded as many Louis fans who want to dismiss his defeat to Rocky would have you believe. I won't go into all the reasoning again, you guys can look my posts up on the subject if you wish.

Rocky was just a bad stylistic match-up for Joe, no matter which version of him it was.

I don't know that Rocky beats a prime Louis, but equally I don't know that Louis beats a prime Rocky. It would be a war.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marciano-Louis: Right place, right time for Rocky? - Warlord - 01-13-2017 11:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rocky Marciano vs Tony Galento HaYoUkNoWmE 3 713 02-14-2021 08:17 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Rocky Marciano-Vitali Klitschko: Who wins? ViperSniper 49 2,888 01-21-2020 01:07 PM
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Kovalev-Hopkins: Right place at the right time? ViperSniper 17 9,871 12-01-2016 05:55 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)