Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
04-26-2017, 10:26 AM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
Its interesting to think "what if" certain boxers grew up fighting MMA what they'd look like.... Floyd comes to mind, Tyson, a guy like Loma throwing kiccs combined with his footwork would be insane, Joshua would be another Overeem type, Porter would make sense. Lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Shawn Porter's super-retarded-spastic style would fuck those MMA boys up. His retard strength would see him throw them out of the cage, bust through the cage wall and continue running up the stands to charge them.

And then after he'd smile and apologise.

Black
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2017, 02:49 PM
I think Tyson wouldnt really have the stamina for mma. I think he'd either win early or gas late. I think he talked about it in his documentary, he said he's asthma and gets winded easy.
04-26-2017, 07:11 PM
(04-25-2017 12:26 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Fair points on Toney Warlord. But on the flip side, Couture was still a very dangerous MMA fighter.

Randy was 47 when he beat James, and had been KO'd stiff (and I mean stiff) 5 times in his career already by the time he and Toney fought. He was 2-2 in his last 4 fights, and one of those wins was a highly controversial decision over Vera, the other a win over 866-year-old Mark Coleman.

Couture wasn't dangerous to anyone except a complete novice like Toney. Randy went on to get knocked out cold again in his very next fight by a Karate fighter who literally KO'd him with the Crane Kick from the Karate Kid. Literally.

Quote:Mercer, who beat Sylvia, was even more shot than Sylvia. He had already retired from boxing and was approaching like 50 years old!

I think even a nearly-50 Ray Mercer was still a better fighter than Sylvia ever was.

I'm glad he knocked big Timmy out, but all it proved is what everyone in MMA already knows -- strikers have a slight advantage at the start of a bout, because every round begins with the fighters on their feet.

Quote:I don't think Toney could learn MMA in a lifetime of training. He never had great balance and athletacism. He was an inside fighter that would roll with shots and break guys down. Unfortunately that doesn't work in MMA given the wrestling and takedowns involved.

Agreed.

Quote:An outside wizard like Rigondeaux would be much more effective or, of course, a big puncher. Imagine Tyson with his low centre of gravity learning TDD, he would have been a killer with 4oz gloves on!

It's hard for me to imagine someone like Tyson faring any better than guys like Rumble Johnson. They'd get some spectacular KO's, along with some embarrassing losses.

The days when a fighter could be good in just one discipline are over. Mike chasing dudes all over the ring trying to land that double hook to the body and head just wouldn't work. Fighters like Fedor would just push him against the cage and grind his ass out, just like Cormier did to Rumble.

I don't think there will ever be a substitute for wrestling. It is by far the best base if you want to try your hand at MMA. Fighters with boxing backgrounds are very limited, and always looking to keep the fight standing. Wrestlers like Cain, DC, and Jones can beat you up on the cage, or take you down and work your ass over with some ground and pound.

I'm not shitting on boxers, by the way. No MMA fighter can cross over into boxing and beat anyone in the top 10 in a real boxing match. The sports are just too different.

If a fighter crosses over into boxing from MMA or vice versa, the success or failure they have is not indicative of their respective sports. The fighter should get all the credit if they when, and be rightly praised as an incredible athlete. But in no way should the sports themselves receive any credit or blame for the outcome.

(04-26-2017 02:49 PM)Dickagon Wrote:  I think Tyson wouldnt really have the stamina for mma. I think he'd either win early or gas late. I think he talked about it in his documentary, he said he's asthma and gets winded easy.

Plus he's lazy as shit and undisciplined. He'd get pounded out by every good grappler he ever fought.

Tyson was put on this Earth to box.
04-26-2017, 08:25 PM
I think wrestlers are better athletes period.
04-26-2017, 09:23 PM
(04-26-2017 08:25 PM)Dickagon Wrote:  I think wrestlers are better athletes period.

No argument here. And, on average, they don't come any mentally tougher than wrestlers.
04-26-2017, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2017 10:21 PM by ViperSniper.)
(04-26-2017 07:11 PM)Warlord Wrote:  If a fighter crosses over into boxing from MMA or vice versa, the success or failure they have is not indicative of their respective sports. The fighter should get all the credit if they when, and be rightly praised as an incredible athlete. But in no way should the sports themselves receive any credit or blame for the outcome.

Well put War!

I've always thought the whole Boxing vs MMA argument is stupid. They're completely different sports. When you do get cross over fights it should comes down to the 'fighters' & not the sport they came from.

I'm sure you could get cases of a boxer fucking up a mma fighter on the street, or a mma fighter fuckin up a boxer. I'm sure theres been times somone who has never stepped inside a gym has beaten or knocked out a trained fighter. Styles makes fights also applies for crossover/street fights, aswell as within individual sports/combats.

By saying all of that...

What would it mean & say about Boxing and Floyd Mayweather if Connor McGregor were to knock Floyd out?

It could turn out to be one of the biggest black eyes in the sports history and regardless of what it means..it would be a horrible horrible look!

In regards to what some boxers would have been like growing up in MMA training. Darchinyan, Mayorga, Mosley, Ali, Tyson, Hagler, Vitali, Jones, Hopkins, Lomachenko, Wright, Bradley, Froch, Holyfield adding elbows, ground n pound, chocking, knees, takedowns, submissions ect. would have been fun to see them as MMA fighters lol
04-27-2017, 12:47 AM
If Darchinyan was bigger he'd be a beast in any sport
04-27-2017, 01:07 PM
A McGregor win would turn the sports world upside down. He would be the biggest name in sports, and command over 100 million dollars for a rematch.

Boxing would receive the biggest black eye it has ever had, and unjustly so.

Floyd Mayweather would have irreversible damage done to his legacy. He would go from being considered an ATG to being called the biggest joke in sports, a crappy over-rated pigeon puncher who made a career of feasting off has-beens, also-rans, and never-weres. And unjustly so, to some degree.

It will never happen though. Connie Mac has a better chance of winning the powerball. Floyd will dominate him and rightly be criticized once again for making such a ridiculous fight to begin with.

This thing will cost over a hundred dollars on PPV, and leave everyone stupid enough to pay for it feeling insulted and cheated. Neither boxing nor MMA will benefit from this, and neither Floyd nor Conor will (other than financially, that is.)

The only benefit anyone would get from this travesty, other than money, would be Conor if he could win. And maybe dumbo boxing fans who think this proves that boxing > MMA.
04-27-2017, 01:20 PM
I think it'd be cool to see boxing get the attention. This is a joke of a fight though. Floyd will win this easy. The only thing saving McGregor is a retired Floyd will be in there for a very easy payday

User(s) browsing this thread: