Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Jon Jones a Crackhead?
12-30-2018, 11:23 AM
RE: Jon Jones a Crackhead?
Not sure that matters.

UFC moves sites a week out for this guy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2018, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018 11:25 AM by ViperSniper.)
What's happening with Brock Lesnar, DC & the UFC? I'd imagine fights between the 3 with the HW title to go along with it, would be major big fights for the UFC!?
12-30-2018, 11:30 AM
DC has two fights left. Brock and Jones are cheaters.

Give DC the Lesbar gift...makes Jones fight Miocic. Winner square off.
12-30-2018, 11:58 AM
I think DC only has one fight left, assuming he still wants to retire by 40.

I hope it’s Brock. Jones doesn’t deserve a third fight. If it does happen, I hope DC will at least make him come to heavyweight. DC would murk him at heavy. Jones wants DC to suck down and fight at 205 because he’s a cheating cunt.

As for Jones, regardless of what he says, he will never fight at heavyweight. Not in his prime. The only chance you see it is late in his career when he’s looking to cash out.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-30-2018, 12:12 PM
(12-30-2018 11:58 AM)Warlord Wrote:  I think DC only has one fight left, assuming he still wants to retire by 40.

I hope it’s Brock. Jones doesn’t deserve a third fight. If it does happen, I hope DC will at least make him come to heavyweight. DC would murk him at heavy. Jones wants DC to suck down and fight at 205 because he’s a cheating cunt.

As for Jones, regardless of what he says, he will never fight at heavyweight. Not in his prime. The only chance you see it is late in his career when he’s looking to cash out.

So in how many years are you expecting Jones to get to this point of his career & what did you think of the rematch at UFC 232?

Win, lose or draw. How does Jones go against Lesnar & the top 3 best HWs, IF he did make the move up?
12-31-2018, 01:24 PM
Jones was calling out Lesnar before his last suspension. He can fight at heavyweight, and he knows it. I can't believe he's scared to fight DC at heavy!

There is no one left for Jones at light heavy. JD's idea above is the best. Let's see a mini-tourney!
01-03-2019, 01:11 PM
(12-27-2018 02:01 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Jon can be beat. He struggles with fighters his size who can overcome his reach. I actually think Gus won their first fight, 4 rounds to 1. And it’ll likely be another close one this weekend.

Jones could easily move to heavyweight but never will because he prefers fighting smaller guys whom he has every physical advantage over.

So Much for Gus...

Jones suppose to put himself at a disadvantage to please the masses now? If he can make the weight then why not stay at 205? It's always going to be a new challenge. Jones is too small for HW even with his height and reach.
01-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Jones can fight at Light Heavy all he wants, but if he is going to, he should stop calling DC out because I don't see Cormier sucking weight for him...and why should he?

Based upon Jones' latest comments, I don't see him leaving Lt Heavy...especially if he feels it puts him at a disadvantage. PED users tend to do everything to keep the scales weighted in their favor, not vice versa.
01-04-2019, 11:11 AM
But wasn't DC the LHW champ though? There was no issue with him sucking down when he started at HW then went down to LHW. He lost to Jones twice, goes back to HW but him fighting at LHW again is sucking down?

I don't see a point for a third DC fight personally but if DC wants no parts of Jones then stop speaking about or referencing him all together.

How many people go out of their way to be disadvantaged? Doesn't make sense to me.
01-04-2019, 11:21 AM
(01-03-2019 01:11 PM)KingEugene Wrote:  So Much for Gus...

Jones suppose to put himself at a disadvantage to please the masses now? If he can make the weight then why not stay at 205? It's always going to be a new challenge. Jones is too small for HW even with his height and reach.

Jones isn't supposed to do anything, he can do whatever he wants. Boxing fans with their "business first" attitudes are a rarity in MMA. We rarely, if ever, talk about how much money a fighter makes because we don't care. Most fans view martial arts through the old-school mentality of fighters testing themselves against other fighters because they want to be the best.

That's why MMA fighters, when they do move up in weight, almost always do it against the best. They don't do it just to get a payday or say "hey, I got an ABC belt" because they think they can get paid more in the future. They do it so they can say they are the best in the world.

If Jones is the type of fighter who is all about the business, and wants to continue fighting at a weight class where he has every conceivable advantage, that's fine. And if you're the type of fan who really digs business-first fighters, that's fine too. But Jon always talks about so-called "legacy" and wanting to be the best in the world. If that's true, he might consider stepping up in weight as nearly every great fighter in the history of combat sports has done. If not, stop talking about it. Real simple.

The only challenge Jon has at 205 is whether he can make it to fight night without hitting a pregnant woman in his car or getting popped for PEDs or other illegal substances.

(01-04-2019 11:11 AM)KingEugene Wrote:  But wasn't DC the LHW champ though? There was no issue with him sucking down when he started at HW then went down to LHW. He lost to Jones twice, goes back to HW but him fighting at LHW again is sucking down?

I don't see a point for a third DC fight personally but if DC wants no parts of Jones then stop speaking about or referencing him all together.

1.) DC started out as a heavyweight. He always had trouble making 205. The only reason he ever even went to 205 was because Cain, his friend and teammate, was the heavyweight champion and DC didn't want to fight him.

2.) DC wasn't calling Jones out again. Jones called DC out. Don't act like DC appeared in the ring after Jones beat Gus and challenged Jones. Jones clearly called DC out. DC is looking to fight Brock next.

3.) Going down below your natural weight class is always sucking down, no matter how many times you suck down to do it.

Quote:How many people go out of their way to be disadvantaged? Doesn't make sense to me.

People go out of their way all the time to challenge themselves. Well, some people do.

I don't know how competitive you guys are, but for me, putting myself at a "disadvantage" and winning was infinitely more pleasurable than giving myself every advantage and winning.

Eugene, were you one of those kids who used Game Genie to beat hard games and then bragged about how easy that game was to your friends?

I bet you set Madden to very easy and then throw for 700 yards and 8 touchdowns per game and feel good about it. lol

Anyways, don't worry, Eugene. Jon will never move up (until he's past his prime), so you don't have to worry. Your boy is safe at 205 where he has every advantage over his opponents. And yes, I think he's like, a total badass for like, beating up people he's supposed to beat up to begin with.

(12-30-2018 12:12 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  So in how many years are you expecting Jones to get to this point of his career & what did you think of the rematch at UFC 232?

Jones looked good because Gus looked like such shit. The man's heart is obviously not in the sport anymore.

It's hard to say when Jones will bottom out. Physically he could go awhile because he doesn't rely on speed, power, or timing. He relies on reach, technique, and Greg Jackson game plans.

It's the mental aspect of Jon that could derail him at any time. How much is he hurting himself with drugs and PEDs? I don't think he can fight without those crutches. If/when the time comes that he loses one or both of those crutches, you'll see it in the ring almost immediately.

By 34 or 35 is really the max I expect Jon to get to before his demons start to do him in.

Quote:Win, lose or draw. How does Jones go against Lesnar & the top 3 best HWs, IF he did make the move up?

He couldn't beat any of the top heavyweights, in my opinion. They're all about his size, which Jon struggles with. And they all hit harder than Jon. They'll walk through his offense and mow him down. I think even DC beats Jon at heavyweight.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.

User(s) browsing this thread: