Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb
03-19-2019, 04:16 AM
RE: Spence - Garcia Almost Done for Feb
Yea I believe the intent was to stop him late.. body work early, crank the pressure up late. When guys do that, it tends to also be fatigue.. Mikey is smart and savvy enough to survive.

Believe me, I wish he would've stopped him under 6rounds... I would've preferred him jumping on him from the beginning as well. I think he underestimated Mikeys durability.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2019, 04:32 AM

Find all posts by this user
03-21-2019, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 07:18 AM by and the NEW.)
I heard and saw the same as you Jon. Spence had a chip that guys like Ray Leonard thought Mikey was a superior boxer. Spence thought he could put on a boxing showcase and then stop him late. He didn't realize Mikey would be so tough to put down.

You saw a similar thing back in the day after Oscar was critisized for just walking down Oba Carr, he then boxed Tito, got critisized for being a runner, then went back to trying to walk down Mosley. It's not a good trait to be letting spectators dictate your fighting style.

Spence vs Crawford. Far out, that is a tough match. I'm not sure who takes it. Crawford has been wobbled a few times, but Lartey wobbled Spence also. Both guys can box, both guys can pressure. Crawford is more versatile and has more lateral movement, which could trouble Spence. I have no idea on that one, it's a coin flip. Whoever wins is no doubt undisputed at welter, these other guys like old Pac, Porter, Thurman, Danny Garcia, they are all pretenders, they aren't near the level of the top 2 at WW.
03-21-2019, 09:44 AM
400k buys is outstanding for these two. Well done.
03-21-2019, 02:29 PM
That's $30mill off the PPV... I wonder what the gate did. They announced 48k in attendance.
03-21-2019, 03:22 PM
They did great. Fox push worked well, the real challenge will be finding interesting opponents for Spence at 47.

Crawford obviously...after that?

Thurman? Pac...though I think Floyd snags that fight.

Move to 54 for Hurd?

No Garcia. No Porter. Please.
03-21-2019, 03:42 PM
Yea Fox gave some great push. I saw ads and commercials all over the place.

I dont mind Spence fighting D. Garcia or Pac next, Unify with Porter and Thurman, then go after Crawford. Then move up for a Hurd or Castaño..

I'd like him to obliterate Garcia and Porter. We can retire both of them.
03-21-2019, 06:23 PM
Been meaning to post about Benavidez. Jesus Christ that dude looked like a friggin monster and abused Love in a way I wasn't expecting. Obviously he has a few outside issues (but then so do 75% of decent fighters) though if he can keep those in check he is gonna be some type of terrible for future opponents. I love dudes who have that nasty streak in them, that like to blast guys out, will now be one of my favourites to watch.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-21-2019, 07:09 PM
He's still only a kid. Imagine him in three or four more years with a bit of seasoning.

Black
03-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Crazy thing about Benavidez is his ability to fight on the inside being the longer fighter. He was pepping Love with some great hooks and uppercuts without much leverage on the inside. He's good man... and fun to watch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 2,814 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Spence tells Garcia to wait...wants Porter rematch JD 7 596 10-02-2019 06:53 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: