Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Old fights returning to online trading
12-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Have you guys noticed, that the boxing promotors are starting to do what the UFC has done, and that they contact youtube and other sites and make them take down the fights? I went looking for some old fights Friday night and Saturday day that I know were on youtube, but they seem to have disappeared. Now, fights like Pacquiao vs Marqueza 4 that would have went straight up online, are also not there and there are many other recent fights that never make their way onto youtube.

Looks like we may be returning to the days where you had to collect all the fights yourself, as the promotors seem to be clamping down on allowing them to go up online for free. Real pain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 04:57 AM
and the NEW Wrote:Have you guys noticed, that the boxing promotors are starting to do what the UFC has done, and that they contact youtube and other sites and make them take down the fights? I went looking for some old fights Friday night and Saturday day that I know were on youtube, but they seem to have disappeared. Now, fights like Pacquiao vs Marqueza 4 that would have went straight up online, are also not there and there are many other recent fights that never make their way onto youtube.

Looks like we may be returning to the days where you had to collect all the fights yourself, as the promotors seem to be clamping down on allowing them to go up online for free. Real pain.
I personally have never understood this.

If you have someone who is starting to get interested in boxing and thinking of maybe purchasing PPV's in the future wouldn't you want them to have access to past classics?

Say for instance I am trying to get some mates interested in watching Gamboa fights, wouldn't it be good if I could send them YouTube links of some of his best past fights? This way they get a look at the fighter maybe become more informed and therefore more likely to purchase a future fight now they know more about him.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-09-2012, 05:20 AM
The problem is that the videos are public. Make your vids disappear in the search. Just give the links to your friends.
12-09-2012, 01:20 PM
I agree that promoters should have the fights on youtube. It's not like HBO, Showtime, or other networks put the fights for sale in a retail store on DVD. Nobody can profit from these old fights, so I don't get why they wouldn't want fans to get excited about young fighters.

I remember when Adrien Broner was about to make his HBO debut against Ponce De Leon. I watched a few of his fights on youtube, and was excited to see the kid fight. It drew me to want to see him fight again, and the same can be said about other fighters out there.

I think Leo Santa Cruz is an example of this. He's had a couple fights on Showtime, and will now have a fight on CBS. His last fight was an awesome scrap, and it would be cool to see it on youtube to get other fans excited to tune into CBS and boost their ratings. Boosting boxing ratings on network TV would be a great thing for the sport.
12-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I noticed that you have never been able to find footage of the rematch with Jones-Hopkins (not that it's a fight you want hanging around). But as Kyle pointed out, it's not like these fights are available at retail stores, so I don't understand removing fights in that case!

UFC do it, but can understand it a little as it's turned into it's own product& label..
12-10-2012, 04:30 AM
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:I think Leo Santa Cruz is an example of this. He's had a couple fights on Showtime, and will now have a fight on CBS. His last fight was an awesome scrap, and it would be cool to see it on youtube to get other fans excited to tune into CBS and boost their ratings. Boosting boxing ratings on network TV would be a great thing for the sport.
Leo Santa Cruz last fight and his fight before that are on allthebestfights or something like that. Just google it. Although even now they are starting to take down fights on the request of Top Rank!
12-10-2012, 05:49 AM
Just work out how to use torrents (if you haven't already). If someone had an FTP client, I could put, or a lot of us could share our fights on there.
12-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Fitz Wrote:Just work out how to use torrents (if you haven't already). If someone had an FTP client, I could put, or a lot of us could share our fights on there.
I'm useless with IT! I'll have to learn how to use them if they keep taking down all these fights! That or go back to trading and shipping them in!

Is there a site that allows you to download a lot of boxing torrents? Or are they just a piece of software you download and then use it to download the actual video?

Mayweather vs Ortiz. There is one that was up in good quality and has now disappeared. I'm sure Cotto vs Clottey used to be up also? And I think I saw Tito vs Wright at one point - now gone.
12-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm seriously thinking of starting to torrent everything again. Pisses me off when you can't find a fight you want. Froch-Kessler yesterday...every round but 10-12 is available on Youtube. Mo'fuckas.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)