12-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Good little fight that many speak on but few have seen...'

http://www.youtube.com/v/eMUWmFSacIE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Love the Mercado fights. Mercado was destroyed by Hopkins he was never the same after the rematch.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
12-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
That's a good action fight to show people who think Hopkins was always a safety first guy. Mercado put up a hell of a fight during their 1st meeting but after the beating that he took in the rematch, he was done as a boxer.
12-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Hopkins got jobbed
12-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Watched this fight last night. I scored it 114-112 for Hopkins.

It was a nice and heated fight, and Hopkins was unlucky as he wasn't awarded a knockdown in the 1st and I think somewhere between the 4th-6th, Mercado slipped no worse than Hopkins did for the 2nd knockdown that was ruled against him.
12-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Fitz Wrote:Watched this fight last night. I scored it 114-112 for Hopkins.

It was a nice and heated fight, and Hopkins was unlucky as he wasn't awarded a knockdown in the 1st and I think somewhere between the 4th-6th, Mercado slipped no worse than Hopkins did for the 2nd knockdown that was ruled against him.
How about when Mercado was holding onto the ropes...so much so that the ref had to literally pick him up and pry him away!
12-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Method Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:Watched this fight last night. I scored it 114-112 for Hopkins.

How about when Mercado was holding onto the ropes...so much so that the ref had to literally pick him up and pry him away!
Yes I remember that as well. Dead on his feet and hanging on.

I found it funny when watching the rematch last night, and they mentioned how Hopkins said something about not winning in his first fight probably saved him his life, lol.

He also said he was a little psyched out in the first fight when armed soliders were kicking doors down and armed entering rooms before the fight, as that was the security they had over there.
12-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Hopkins vs. Mercado I
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:That's a good action fight to show people who think Hopkins was always a safety first guy.
Same as with Echols. No safety first in that one!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hopkins/Mercado I Method 1 1,890 09-25-2014 10:51 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)