Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

6 fights you want to see Floyd take!
02-27-2013, 06:41 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:With Floyd's new 6 fight deal & apparent list of 6 future opponents that have been released, who do you want Floyd to fight?

Just to put it out there I think the 6 possible opponents are pretty bland but what would you expect based on his choice of opponents over the years!? Reminds me of his (s)hit list he brought out years ago!

1. Sergio Martinez
2. Saul Alvarez
3. Timothy Bradley
4. Erisandy Lara
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Austin Trout
This is a boxing fans dream list. I'd love to wake up and find these fights under my Christmas tree. I say he doesnt fight anyone on this list...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 06:47 AM
MrFactor Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:With Floyd's new 6 fight deal & apparent list of 6 future opponents that have been released, who do you want Floyd to fight?

Just to put it out there I think the 6 possible opponents are pretty bland but what would you expect based on his choice of opponents over the years!? Reminds me of his (s)hit list he brought out years ago!

1. Sergio Martinez
2. Saul Alvarez
3. Timothy Bradley
4. Erisandy Lara
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Austin Trout
This is a boxing fans dream list. I'd love to wake up and find these fights under my Christmas tree. I say he doesnt fight anyone on this list...

It isn't the most realistic of lists but one I'd like him to go through & couldn't knock at all! The guy has all the talent in the world but has continued not going for the best fights, which has hurt his career & legacy!
02-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Fitz Wrote:
Gandalf The Black Wrote:What do you guys make of this recent interview?

http://www.youtube.com/v/yXfs0fZFleM&fea...r_embedded
I thought he came across very well and professional for most of the interview. He spoke well and seemed a bit more down to earth. Funnily enough, to just the 'sports' fan out there. He would've looked good. Especially when they came to the topic of Manny, which obviously led to the breakdown of the fight. PED's. Sport has taken a huge hit recently with drugs. So when he began his talk about "I was the pioneer with these testings, since Floyd Mayweather came out with this, people had been getting caught" Then he answered the question on whether he thought Pacquiao was using well; "I never said Manny Pacquiao was using anything. All I ever wanted was me and him both to have blood and urine testing. And he didn't want to do it". I think he came across well during that portion, and answered questions well.

The last couple of minutes was pretty weak. Can't answer a question of; what fighter would he like to fight, past or present. He can't even say a name when he then asks on who would give him his toughest fight, past or present.
He struggles with the thought of even being 'challenged' in even hypothetical situations.

Even with the subject on Manny. He seems a lot more relaxed now when talking about him.
I agree with all your points. But Floyd seriously has trouble when he tries to annunciate. Rocky Balboa is more articulate. Manny agreed to take the tests. Now Manny has to beat Marquez and Bradley(which he didn't lose). The Sandman is coming for you Floyd!!!!! Might not be Pac, but you're ripe for a beating.
02-27-2013, 11:41 PM
I actually thought that Jay Crawford was asking some amateur hour type of questions. I mean, Floyd has Showtime banners up behind him, and not a single question about the recent deal? Not even asking if he thinks that the 6 fights in 30 months is realistic for him?

I don't know. I think that Floyd showed a lot of patience with Crawford, when most people wouldn't have played along.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2013, 04:19 AM
Warlord Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:Yes or no question.

Does anyone think that Mayweather vs Broner will happen (if things keep ticking along) in about 2015?

On this other board, many people are very confident that this will happen in the future. A money fight that could be sold like Judah.....Broner once promised he would never fight Floyd, a 'scripted' falling out happens and a manufactured grudge fight against his 'idol'.

This is looking very far into the future, I know lol
Broner gets hit too clean too often. He'll get exposed long before anyone ever has to worry about him turning down a fight with Gayweather.
Huh? Because Broner doesn't have the defense of Floyd Mayweather, all of a sudden he gets hit too clean and too often? His defense is still very very solid, he gets hit less than a lot of other top level fighters. He will be exposed by a slick boxer IMO, not because he gets hit too much.
02-28-2013, 04:25 AM
and the NEW Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:

Does anyone think that Mayweather vs Broner will happen (if things keep ticking along) in about 2015?

On this other board, many people are very confident that this will happen in the future. A money fight that could be sold like Judah.....Broner once promised he would never fight Floyd, a 'scripted' falling out happens and a manufactured grudge fight against his 'idol'.

Broner gets hit too clean too often. He'll get exposed long before anyone ever has to worry about him turning down a fight with Gayweather.
Huh? Because Broner doesn't have the defense of Floyd Mayweather, all of a sudden he gets hit too clean and too often? His defense is still very very solid, he gets hit less than a lot of other top level fighters. He will be exposed by a slick boxer IMO, not because he gets hit too much.
Broner is flatfooted and not the most athletic IMHO. The reason he looks good is because they keep putting him in with guys that just walk straight at him. Broner's jab is nothing special and I don't think his combo's from the outside are much.

I give him his dues though, he is bad news on the inside.

Someone with some decent fundamentals, a good jab and patience to fight from the outside, showing him angles will beat him. Easy.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-28-2013, 04:30 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
and the NEW Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:

Broner is flatfooted and not the most athletic IMHO. The reason he looks good is because they keep putting him in with guys that just walk straight at him. Broner's jab is nothing special and I don't think his combo's from the outside are much.

I give him his dues though, he is bad news on the inside.

Someone with some decent fundamentals, a good jab and patience to fight from the outside, showing him angles will beat him. Easy.
Exactly. That's nearly what I have said word for word previously.
02-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Spyder Wrote:I actually thought that Jay Crawford was asking some amateur hour type of questions. I mean, Floyd has Showtime banners up behind him, and not a single question about the recent deal? Not even asking if he thinks that the 6 fights in 30 months is realistic for him?

I don't know. I think that Floyd showed a lot of patience with Crawford, when most people wouldn't have played along.
You have to be careful when you interview Floyd. If you do something crazy like ask tough questions or not kiss his ass, he will turn into the bitch and......well let me just post some audio!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/ML1fd8UBnXE
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM
lol I love that interview. The thing about this last interview is that all of the questions were nothing but retreads of old discussions with the same old answers. I'm actually curious to hear Floyd talk about his Showtime deal, and separation from HBO. That is interesting to me. Hearing him talk about why the Pacquiao fight didn't happen, and is never going to happen is boring. I guess I was just looking for more inventive topics than what Jay Crawford brought with him.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Floyd's last 2 fights. ViperSniper 90 59,341 10-03-2014 08:01 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)