Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Dog Thread...
01-17-2013, 12:47 AM
The Dog Thread...
I have a mugleston pit. Love that damn dog to death. He's a show dog. Not aggressive at all. He's almost two years old and I can count on both hands how many times I've ever heard him bark. He has the best temperment in the world. All he wants to do is play, eat and sleep. Biggest baby ever! Woman magnet too. Not to mention he's a Champion breed.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 01:03 AM
The Dog Thread...
Handsome dog King.

I'm trying to talk JD into getting this dog...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2013, 02:11 AM
The Dog Thread...
BigG Wrote:Miss my Doberman BUBBA. Friendliest dog ever and knew how to follow instructions SIT, come here.Never attacked anyone even strangers. But he was a fucking big doberman I used to walk him. I grew up with him.

Doberman will always be my favorite dog. Now I have 2 Chihuahua's 1 male 1 female since I live in a apartment.
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Did no one else pick up on thi ls post???
01-17-2013, 03:35 AM
The Dog Thread...
Spyder Wrote:I was only semi-interested in getting a dog at the time that we got Ed. It was one of those things where I told my fiance at the time that I'd only consider getting a dog AFTER we got married. Well, we got married and she called me on that statement.

I paid $35 for Ed and he is the best dog that I've ever known. I'm not just saying that because he is mine. He really is, and I feel privileged to not only know him but especially for him being my best friend.

I know a few other people that feel the same way about their pound pups. There are a lot of really good dogs at the pound. Dogs that have lived life, and know some things that breeder dogs won't. You should take a walk through the pound before you decide what you want, and see what you guys find.

Even if you don't find your dog, you might be able to narrow down your search and get on the same page.
How old was Ed when you got him from the pound?

My last dog, Chika (who we had to put down last July) was the only dog I ever got from a breeder. All my other dogs were from the pound or taken for adoption from family not wanting them anymore. Actually, we did have a border collie for a little bit that we got from a guy down the street, as his dog had puppies.
But Chika who I chose from a breeder when I was in year 12 back in 2002, was the first dog I chose and from a breeder. Since then, I have always had specific dogs that I really like, so I would always assume that I would get it from a breeder.
Though I still really like the idea of saving a dog, though at the same time I still would want something that I had my eye on and would not want it to be a mature dog, as I would like bonding with a dog from when they are still young.
Was Ed mature when you got him?

By the way, I really, really like American Bulldogs, they are definitely in the top few of breeds that I would consider later down the road.
01-17-2013, 03:50 AM
The Dog Thread...
This is Chika, and all within her last year. She was 10 years old, and it was sudden. The thing I loved about her and she had been complimented by vets as well, was that she looked very good for her age, she didn't get grey around the face, which happens to dogs at time. She'd been told she looked like a 4-5 year old dog, lol. She always kept the young face and never matured or showed signs of slowing down, until the last 2 days when the unknown tumor began to have an effect on her.
She was weary of strangers, but once a bond was created, she was honestly the biggest, softest baby and had so much character, charisma and personality.

01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
The Dog Thread...
Pretty dog Fitz!

Ed was 11 months old when we got him, and he was full grown by then. He'd lived a completely different life before the pound, but he is every bit my dog now. I wouldn't think twice about adopting a mature dog except for the fact that I wouldn't have as much time with them before they passed.

Still, for the right dog, I'd just enjoy whatever time I was able to spend with them.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
The Dog Thread...
11 months is alright. They're still considered a pup up until about 18 months.
01-17-2013, 06:14 PM
The Dog Thread...
Great thread with some great photos.

Sorry for being so computer illiterate, but how do you upload pics?

I'll upload some pictures of my puppy...he's 3 1/2 months old now.
01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
The Dog Thread...
My wife has a Yorky. He sucks!

01-18-2013, 12:37 AM
The Dog Thread...
Glad to see folks love for dogs around here. I thought I was overboard about the way I cared for mine and putting him in shows and shit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)