Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

The Dog Thread...
01-18-2013, 01:01 AM
The Dog Thread...
ROLLDEEP Wrote:Great thread with some great photos.

Sorry for being so computer illiterate, but how do you upload pics?

I'll upload some pictures of my puppy...he's 3 1/2 months old now.
1 - Find a web hosting site that uploads pics. I use this one: http://imgur.com/

2 - Click on 'Computer' to choose a file from your PC to uplad

3 - Choose a picture (You can upload multiple pictures at one time with this site. Just hold down 'Ctrl' on your keyboard and select multiple pics

4 - Click 'Start Upload'

5 - Copy that link and paste in here

Voil?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 01:21 AM
The Dog Thread...
KingEugene Wrote:Glad to see folks love for dogs around here. I thought I was overboard about the way I cared for mine and putting him in shows and shit.
Naw man, do whatever keeps your dog occupied. Nobody can tell you how to love your dog.

I've been thinking about a few jobs for Ed. I bought him a pulling harness a while ago, but it is so damn hot down here it is hard to get him on a regular schedule. I've also thought about taking him hog hunting or cattle herding...things that he was bred to do, but my wife would kill me if I let him do either. More than likely he'll be a therapy dog at some point.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2013, 02:55 AM
The Dog Thread...
I had a poodle growing up. She was a great dog & being a immature teenager I got her stoned many many times. I would love another dog & would get a poodle in a heartbeat again. Clean, smart & no fucking shedding suits me just fine.

That said I love cats & I was gutted that one of our cats finally got the needle at 19.
01-18-2013, 03:31 AM
The Dog Thread...
I had a couple of maltese terriers as a kid. The last one I had was a big part of our family for the early parts of our life. In fact, we had her for about 12 years, though she was about 14-15 years old. We got her from my grandma when she was a few years. But she kind of passed on the torch onto Chika, lol. They spent about a year together.

But to my point. Even though I did have a maltese terrier and I loved her. I would never get a toy dog or a dog that wasn't bred for a skill/trait/purpose again.
I don't care what size the dog is, but I prefer a dog that was built for something. You have so many dogs that were bred for so many different things. Things like hunting, fighting, herding cattle, scent, guide dogs, athletic, fast, guard dogs, pulling dogs, working dogs, etc.
I'm not suggesting that all these dogs should do these things. But I really like when they have a skill. My mum has a little pup that she got about 6+ months ago, a little mini fox terrier, lol. The size of a chihuahua. They are bred for hunting small vermon like rats, rabbits etc. So quick and athletic. To me, if I was to get a small dog.....something like this would trump a maltese terrier or a chihuahua.
To me, that's a dog. Something like a poodle does nothing, I don't think I would get a dog with no purpose again.
I want an animal, a real dog with history and purpose, lol.

JD, I have been googling the Swiss Mountain Dog for the last 10 minutes. I'm not too familiar with them, until you mentioned them. They are really good looking dogs and seem to have a great temperament as well. I really like that dog.
01-18-2013, 03:35 AM
The Dog Thread...
Spyder Wrote:
KingEugene Wrote:Glad to see folks love for dogs around here. I thought I was overboard about the way I cared for mine and putting him in shows and shit.
Naw man, do whatever keeps your dog occupied. Nobody can tell you how to love your dog.

I've been thinking about a few jobs for Ed. I bought him a pulling harness a while ago, but it is so damn hot down here it is hard to get him on a regular schedule. I've also thought about taking him hog hunting or cattle herding...things that he was bred to do, but my wife would kill me if I let him do either. More than likely he'll be a therapy dog at some point.
I really like the idea of making Snoop Dogg a therapy dog! Actually Scrappy Doo, the Yorkie would be a really one...he is really cool and love everyone! It's a great thing to help old people or kids and brighten their days! I would totally enjoy that!!!!
01-18-2013, 03:42 AM
The Dog Thread...
Fitz Wrote:Something like a poodle does nothing, I don't think I would get a dog with no purpose again.
Poodles were bred as hunting dogs particularly for game birds? Considering their high intelligence, size & coat they are perfect retrievers.
01-18-2013, 04:00 AM
The Dog Thread...
Did y'all hear about the Labradoodle that looks like a loin and got 911 calls? lol http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5...-lion-cub/
01-18-2013, 04:05 AM
The Dog Thread...
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:Something like a poodle does nothing, I don't think I would get a dog with no purpose again.
Poodles were bred as hunting dogs particularly for game birds? Considering their high intelligence, size & coat they are perfect retrievers.
I apologize, I was wrong. I don't know much about them. But I assumed they were bred for show and domestic purposes, lol. But you get my point, I hope.
01-18-2013, 04:33 AM
The Dog Thread...
LOL I know what you mean Fitz. Poodles are not a "tough" dog but they are smart fuckers. Most dogs have been purpose bred & if I was to get an active dog I would get a blue heeler or a bluey x kelpie.
01-18-2013, 05:35 AM
The Dog Thread...
Thanks, Fitz! Always to the rescue! Wink

Here is my Samoyed pup called Eskie. We've had a fair bit of snow and I took these photo's this morning - he loves playing in it. A true 'Snow Dog'!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)