Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Orlando Salido: 126 lbs. vs.Mikey Garcia: 125.6 lbs.
01-18-2013, 04:41 PM
I really like this match up and it's hard to pick a winner...I like both guys a lot! I think Salido in a tough fight but nothing would surprise me in this one!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this card more than any last year! I think this will be a brilliant card. Rosado has skills and likes to let his hands go, Golovkin is tricky as hell in there, amateur pedigree and power to boot. He really is the real deal (finally, out of all the other Euro trash).

Salido always comes to fight and will always entertain whilst Garcia hits like a truck and picks his shots well. Can Salido take the power? If so, can Garcia take the pressure over 12 rounds with his very selective and low punch output?

I think both these fights could be spectacular!

Unfortunately, I'll be at a friends 30th birthday, so I am absolutely crushed I can't get to watch them play out live!
01-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Everyone is expecting a shootout in the main event but I expect Salido to box intelligently in spots, as opposed to simply wading in on the inside. He only does that against outmatched opponents.

Golovkin is facing the Puerto Rican version of his last opponent, though I think Rosado is more versatile and hits harder than Proksa. Should be interesting to see if Golovkin can continue to impress.
01-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Trouble is I don't think Salido has a chance, he can't outbox Garcia. He has to try to break him down.

I also expect Rosado to give Golovkin a harder fight than Proksa (who looks good against low level competition, but gets away with superior athletacism. His boxing IQ and ring generalship are seriously lacking. An area Rosado has improved on immensly through the school of hard knocks).
01-19-2013, 07:48 AM
I am stumped.

First off I can see Salido and his toughness grittyness and experience too much for Mikey but Mikey spars with fuckin Bam Bam Rios so he's seen something like Salido in sparring.

I'm leaning toward Mikey by shocking TKO...but how the fuck would i know tho Salido has never even been close to getting stopped.

I am so excited for this.

LETS GO SALIDO!!!

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
01-19-2013, 08:02 AM
Salido was stopped plenty of times early in his career. A stoppage for Garcia is definately a possibility.
01-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Sorry he hasnt been stopped in his real prime career.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
01-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Garcia is a sharpshooter in there but Salido is a sneaky fighter with a lot of experience. He has a lot of tricks. What makes him dangerous is that on top of all that he also hits hard and is very well conditioned. This will be no walk in the park for either guy, and if Garcia can beat him impressively, he will have made a huge statement.

Are they also going to televise the Martinez-Burgos fight? That should be a solid fight as well.

Apparently this will be a triple header.
01-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Given it is a tripple header, I would be surprised if they didn't televise the Martinez-Burgos fight.
01-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Cot dang, Mikey Garcia easy...dude is flawless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mikey Garcia - Sandor Martin JD 11 746 10-20-2021 08:51 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Mikey Garcia-Erik Morales on May 18th in a 4 round exhibition... ViperSniper 1 367 04-11-2019 12:21 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Mikey Garcia is free agent JONdaCON 16 9,119 05-13-2016 11:35 PM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)