Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Vitali knocked out by Pele Reid
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
We've all long heard about it but I'd bet many of us have never seen the actual fight and the KO of the current heavyweight champion during his kick boxing days. Pele Reid, I believe both black and Roll know the fella, is the man to inflict the devasting blow (head kick) which puts Vitali on his arse and out...

http://www.youtube.com/v/9n7zExsuCRU&feature=
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Heel kick to the face gets 'em every time.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Wow, we did you find this from, Maxy?

My brother and I used to have the whole tournament on video, but we lent it to someone and never had it back!

We used to spar with Pele every week or so - he was a HARD hitting dude. So friendly and a genuine nice guy.
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
what's his height and weight? looks about the size of an average HW to me. if only guys in boxing would go after Vitali like that.
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah, Pele is average for a heavyweight. About 6'3" or maybe 6'4", stands about 220lbs.

Very fast and light on his feet, but unfortunately just didn't have the chin or fighting intelligence to go behind it.

But he is a lovely guy and a genuine one, too. Used to train with him on a weekly basis. He was actually the intended opponent for Tyson when Iron Mike came to Manchester in 2000. At the time he was, I think, 14-0-0 with all wins by KO.

He then went and got stunned in three by Julius Francis and Julius got the gig instead.

He retired with a decent record of twenty odd wins and about five losses, which isn't bad, but with his speed and power he could have done a lot more if he'd had better gym wars and toughened up a bit.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  jesse reid interview jlupi 0 1,577 05-08-2013 06:40 PM
Last Post: jlupi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)