Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

My Recent Boxing Projects
01-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Snoop Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:Great work Nick. Really, I mean it. The photos on your site are impressive. And the fighting preacher story was put together really well.

What lenses do you use? I have a Nikon and really like the high contrast/low light pics that you took. I'd post the examples, but some dickhead locked his website. lol
Yeah what a fucking asshole.

lol

Which pics were you talking about? The photo essay or "The Fighting Preacher"?

The photos in the essay were a mix between a D80 and a D40. For the D80, I was either using a 18-135 kit lens or a 50mm f/1.4 (very affordable and a must-have for any photographer IMO, amateur or professional) with a SB600 Speedlight for some of the shots. For the D40, it was just a straight 18-55 kit lens. I was surprised at the quality of a kit lenses, even on a shitty intro model like a D40.

The photos for "The Fighting Preacher" were all done with a Nikon D600. The lenses were either a 24mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8 or 14-24mm f/2.8 (nice lens but fucking expensive; I rented it). If you have any specific pic, I can tell you the exact setup I used and even the metadata if you'd like.
I have a D3100 with that standard Nikkor lens that came with it. I've been looking to grab another lens or two though. I liked the 1080p capability of the D3100, though it doesn't shoot video the same as the Canon's do.

Two of the pictures that I was wondering about was the one where the crazy haired dude is cold mugging you for taking pictures of his kids, and the other is the one where you took a picture of some guy taking a shower.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Well Snoop, at first when I saw this site and whatnot I was as "suspicious as hell" about what you were up to lol lol

But seriously the photos and stories are just fantastic. Those images are as worthy as anything I've seen in National Geographic and tell a great story. Some of the images are very very powerful, what an interesting life you've been leading this last 18 months.

And of the story to come, with what you are doing in Brazil, I have great admiration for that. I have often thought about attempting something similar in South Auckland here in NZ. The streets in Sth Auckland are quite poor and a lot of the kids do end up running with the wrong crowd, but on the flip side I am sure that among them right now walks at least several more David Tua's, they just don't know it or have the guidance.

How long are you in Brazil for? I wouldn't half mind taking a trip up there some time to see how your work is going, I think you are in for a great ride.

All the best mate, very impressed, and don't be a stranger round these boards OK. Just coz the mighty Man-God of General Santos City has fallen doesn't mean we don't have other things to discuss lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
01-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Two words....Class and Substance.

I'm proud to be your friend, Nick...most people talk about it, yet very few "BE about it"....you're out there doing it and your personal Sacrifice is paying off.

I know you will continue to be successful, and you know you will always have my support...

friends
01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Who the fuck needs your support CEO? He's been having a good year without it. lol lol lol
01-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Awesome work, brother.

I fucking love the Latin American photos, your use of light and contrast is amazing. I sent off a short story to Nat Geo myself, but for travel writing. Fingers crossed!!!

I'll keep checking the work out, as it's something that really appeals to me and I'm a new fan, dude!

Black
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
It's very obvious that Snoop doesn't need my support....he doesn't need anyone's for that matter....but he's had my back more than a few times, and I certainly have his...

Who has yours here?....anyone?...ANYONE??...100?!
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
you've been up to some great things, man. i'm just trying to make it to 24 without being married. keep it up
01-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Great work Snoop.

Also, gotta love torvix going street on CEO, coming into a serious thread and landing a sharp blow out of left field.
01-28-2013, 07:49 PM
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Great work Snoop.

Also, gotta love torvix going street on CEO, coming into a serious thread and landing a sharp blow out of left field.
lol....better watch out, Lloyd....in torvix' childlike and distraught mind, he might interpret that for someone being on his side...

Oh wait, wait a second....I forgot....you said this when I was auctioning him off...

lloyd mayflower Wrote:No one wants him. Hes not worth a full 100!!!

I get it....you feel bad for such making such a vicious comment and wanted to make up for it a little...lol...no worries.

and no LOLs?....I think it's incredibly PATHETIC how he came into a high level congratulatory thread for one of our boys and went after me again....especially after the way I crucified him on here a few weeks ago...

He didn't even Like Snoop's opening post....this all shows you where his head's at, and how it was indeed I who kept that dirty villager in a cage all these years...
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM
This is some absolutely outstanding stuff.

You are a talented dude, Snoop. I am looking forward to following the journey. Best of luck to you and most importantly, congrats on doing something you love and becoming part of a movement you dreamed of.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)