Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Going on my first trip to Vegas
01-27-2013, 04:16 AM
I'll be staying at the Venetian for a week in about 10 days from now. I'm going to direct a legends of Mo-Town concert, which should be a pretty good show. Smokey Robinson, Melanie Fiona, Valerie Simpson, Martha Reeves, Barrett Strong, Stevie Wonder, Lamont Dozier, Brian Holland, Edward Holland, Orianthi, and Barry Gordon will all be in attendance or performing. Michael Bolton and Richard Marx will be singing duets with them as well.

It'll be my first trip out there, and I'm kinda psyched! I wish there was a big fight going on for me to check out...but even though it's a "work" trip, I'm gonna try to make the most of it.

Maybe Floyd will let me make it rain with him...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2013, 04:31 AM
Far out those are some pretty impressive names you'll be dealing with. Although Bolton & Marx seems very out of place lol!!

Sounds pretty cool!
Find all posts by this user
01-27-2013, 06:06 AM
It does seem that way...lol...I've gotten the music though and it actually blends pretty well. Justin Timberlake and Aretha Franklin were supposed to be part of it too, but their schedules conflicted. They are now just listed as tentative.

01-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Lucky, lucky bastard. My Vegas attendance record has taken a soul destroying, heart breaking dip in the last two years.

New York in June for me tho.
01-27-2013, 02:17 PM
The whole thing kinda just fell in my lap. This is the first in a series out there, and I was originally supposed to go out there and collaborate with another Director. We were gonna alternate shows, but as time went on they never found another guy...so I'm it. They asked what I'd need to do them all, and they gave me everything that I asked for...it makes me think that I didn't ask for enough. lol

Anyway, this should be a monthly or every other month type of deal...so we'll see. Maybe one of them will line up with a big fight weekend. thumbs up

01-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Spyder Wrote:The whole thing kinda just fell in my lap. This is the first in a series out there, and I was originally supposed to go out there and collaborate with another Director. We were gonna alternate shows, but as time went on they never found another guy...so I'm it. They asked what I'd need to do them all, and they gave me everything that I asked for...it makes me think that I didn't ask for enough. lol

Anyway, this should be a monthly or every other month type of deal...so we'll see. Maybe one of them will line up with a big fight weekend. thumbs up
I hope u asked for a suite at the palms!
01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:The whole thing kinda just fell in my lap. This is the first in a series out there, and I was originally supposed to go out there and collaborate with another Director. We were gonna alternate shows, but as time went on they never found another guy...so I'm it. They asked what I'd need to do them all, and they gave me everything that I asked for...it makes me think that I didn't ask for enough. lol

I hope u asked for a suite at the palms!
I got one at the Venetian.

01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a fun as hell job. Your Vegas and everyone else's are two entirely different places.

That said, my only advice is that you stay away from the hookers. Wherever you're from, they're cheaper and cleaner there.
01-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Hookers have never been my thing. I always found it easier and cheaper to just pick up a party girl from the bar. Strippers are a lot of fun though.

01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Spyder Wrote:Hookers have never been my thing. I always found it easier and cheaper to just pick up a party girl from the bar. Strippers are a lot of fun though.
Well excuse me Mr. big shot director who I'm sure looks exactly like Brad Pitt circa 1995, but on the off chance that one of your "party girls from the bar downstairs" suddenly seems a bit frigid once you make it back to your room, try not to looked too shocked when she tells you about how it works in Vegas - you'll come across as an amateur.

Remember where you heard it first. And wear 2 condoms.

You're welcome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)