Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

PED's - whose on 'em
02-07-2013, 08:23 PM
PED's - whose on 'em
Regarding Australian sports, I've always thought that there was some kind of unspoken rule that top Australian athletes on the world stage fundamentally understood that they were supposed to behave with total class because they were representing Australia, kind of a point of national pride. I guess it's more Australian tennis that I'm thinking of, but every Australian tennis player I can think of from Rod Laver to Lleyton Hewitt always conducted themselves with such class - almost too good to be true.

That said, I don't follow Rugby and I'm sure there are a few exceptions there!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
PED's - whose on 'em
salvador Wrote:Regarding Australian sports, I've always thought that there was some kind of unspoken rule that top Australian athletes on the world stage fundamentally understood that they were supposed to behave with total class because they were representing Australia, kind of a point of national pride. I guess it's more Australian tennis that I'm thinking of, but every Australian tennis player I can think of from Rod Laver to Lleyton Hewitt always conducted themselves with such class - almost too good to be true.

That said, I don't follow Rugby and I'm sure there are a few exceptions there!

That is true. I guess Austraila have always conducted themselves well on the world stage, not just with sports either, so they try to maintain that. It's almost like the public play the roles of a school principle & the 'stars' are the students. So I'm curious to see who & to what extent are going to be involved with all this controversy & how the media & public handle it!

Sure they're exceptions like some afl players, rugby players, Anthony Mundine & Russel Crowe (who are linked with rugby anyways lol).
02-07-2013, 10:17 PM
PED's - whose on 'em
salvador Wrote:I guess it's more Australian tennis that I'm thinking of, but every Australian tennis player I can think of from Rod Laver to Lleyton Hewitt always conducted themselves with such class -
Lleyton Hewitt and the word 'class' don't belong in the same sentence.

Lleyton Hewitt and the word 'asshole' on the other hand...........................

Can Allman Joi give me a c'mon on!!!

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-11-2013, 10:23 AM
PED's - whose on 'em
Gandalf The Black Wrote:
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:The guy used the name 'Evan Fields' if my memory serves me correctly. Sounds an awful lot like his real name.
I remember this story. The reporter traced the steroid purchase and found a phone number for "Evan Fields". The reporter called the number and Evander picked up. Plus Holyfield trained with Lee Haney at one time who was a professional body builder. İmage
Lee Haney wasn't just a bodybuilder, he was Mr Olympia for 8 straight years...around the same time that Evander became heavyweight champ of the world.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2013, 01:30 AM
PED's - whose on 'em
Ah good. Thanks for clearing that up.

I remember an article in Ring Magazine, from a couple years back, that centered on whether fitness gurus were good or bad for boxers. Emanuel Steward said that while he was training Holyfield, the guy had a bunch of conditioning experts around him, including a bodybuilder, which I assume is that Lee Haney character. According to the article, Steward thought that it was a bit too much.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)