Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Floyd Heads to Showtime
02-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
damarvelous1 Wrote:Fitz,
I know your going to argue and debate with me until you convince yourself that you're right and that Floyd is truly the bigger man. You are wrong my friend. Guerrero is a pretty big dude who just happened to be sucking himself down for a very long time. Since there is no way that I can convince you that you're wrong, I'm just going to stop trying after this post! It's more than just looking at the numbers!
I don't know why you would say that. No secret that I can be the argumentative type, but I am always willing to admit if I was wrong and have so on many occasions. I actually apologised to salvador today about arguing (well, I don't think sal argued back with me) about Haymon, lol.

But based on those pictures, I'd like to take back on how I acted earlier and laughed everything off. That said, I will wait until they are in the ring but now I am willing to entertain the idea that Floyd is not definitely bigger and Guerrero just may be the bigger guy.
But I'd like to see them in the ring together first, as with the Kirkland picture, I'm not sure when that was. It could have been while Kirkland was days our from a fight and Guerrero at a different point. But based on the pics, Guerrero does look bigger than I originally thought.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 06:06 AM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
Fitz Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:Fitz,
I know your going to argue and debate with me until you convince yourself that you're right and that Floyd is truly the bigger man. You are wrong my friend. Guerrero is a pretty big dude who just happened to be sucking himself down for a very long time. Since there is no way that I can convince you that you're wrong, I'm just going to stop trying after this post! It's more than just looking at the numbers!
I don't know why you would say that. No secret that I can be the argumentative type, but I am always willing to admit if I was wrong and have so on many occasions. I actually apologised to salvador today about arguing (well, I don't think sal argued back with me) about Haymon, lol.

But based on those pictures, I'd like to take back on how I acted earlier and laughed everything off. That said, I will wait until they are in the ring but now I am willing to entertain the idea that Floyd is not definitely bigger and Guerrero just may be the bigger guy.
But I'd like to see them in the ring together first, as with the Kirkland picture, I'm not sure when that was. It could have been while Kirkland was days our from a fight and Guerrero at a different point. But based on the pics, Guerrero does look bigger than I originally thought.
The picture of Guerrero and Kirkland was taken days before they appeared on the same card in which Kirkland was KO'd by Yao Ming. Ironically, Kirkland was fighting at Middleweight and Guerrero was fighting at lightweight! I have no clue how Guerrero sucked down to 135. Poor Katsidas, he actually fought a super welterweight that night!

It dawned on me how big Guerrero really is when he fought Berto. I mean, he pushed Berto all over the ring!
02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
Based upon the odds I saw, this fight is already decided.

Good thing HBO invested in Guerrero - Berto.
02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
JD Wrote:Based upon the odds I saw, this fight is already decided.

What odds did you see?
02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
damarvelous1 Wrote:

What odds did you see?
Floyd at -1600
02-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
JD Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:

What odds did you see?
Floyd at -1600
Whoa
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
Ill be laying a little bit of loot on Guerrero just because.

Floyd will not see the end of that contract. BET.
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
Guerrero is live in this one.

02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
JD Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:

What odds did you see?
Floyd at -1600
Where?

I'd like to put a couple hundred down before the odds get rational. I don't think Floyd has been in with anyone who wanted it as badly as Guerrero since Castillo.

On a side note, I just checked Floyd's record on Boxrec.com and it's kind of stunning how few serious opponents in their primes he's faced.
02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
Floyd Heads to Showtime
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing---mo...32518.html

" Showtime is guaranteeing Mayweather a minimum buy rate, meaning that Mayweather would have no risk. "

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Floyd Mayweather, Showtime, and the Nevada State Athletic Commission - Hauser Method 10 7,454 10-02-2014 12:42 AM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)