Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

FNF - Holt-Peterson
02-23-2013, 01:35 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
I've been a fan of the Peterson bros since I saw them on ESPN busting dudes up. Then they started to fight better opposition and we all realized that they're quite one dimensional. Lamont is built like a boxer but is wired to fight like a pressure fighter.

It's interesting that in all his big fights against Bradley, Ortiz, Khan and Holt, he starts out slow, even seeming to be outclassed at times, but then he starts to put the pressure on and gets guys to back off. The only one that figured out how to snuff him was Bradley, but all other other guys seem to be too weary of his body attack to do much other than cover up. And yet Lamont, for all his toughness, still seems vulnerable and one dimensional that he makes it seems as if he should be easy to beat. He's so such a touch guy though, that it takes a really smart and competent boxer like Bradley to truly outbox him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 03:20 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
Whatever happened to Rock Allen? Lamont Peterson and him used to trade wins in the amateurs. I'd like to see them matched up in the pros.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-23-2013, 03:24 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
Garcia-Peterson would be a war.

Garcia would be a favourite, but man those two would happily trade bombs for twelve rounds.

Black
02-23-2013, 08:13 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
Look here... I'm not sure if anybody has really come out and said this BUT Garcia is OVERRATED! Peterson would beat his ass! Shit, Judah may tap that ass come April! of the 140lbers out there... Garcia is the worst!

I really do like the kid but he'll lose to the top 140lbers out there!
02-23-2013, 09:36 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
According to Schaefer, he is trying to set-up Lamont with Lucus. Put Alexander vs Brook on the same card in Washington, May 18.

Guess that leaves Garcia (assuming he gets past Judah) available for Khan, which will give Khan time for one more tune-up. Then the winners meet.
02-23-2013, 10:00 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
and the NEW Wrote:According to Schaefer, he is trying to set-up Lamont with Lucus. Put Alexander vs Brook on the same card in Washington, May 18.

Guess that leaves Garcia (assuming he gets past Judah) available for Khan, which will give Khan time for one more tune-up. Then the winners meet.

All of that right there tells you how good the landscape of the 140 division is looking right now!

I feel Lamont is capable of more than what he has shown, the guy has some skills but doesn't always use them when he should. I think he could do well against Mathysse but I'd have to favour Mathysse if this comes off. Good fight!
02-23-2013, 10:18 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
damarvelous1 Wrote:Look here... I'm not sure if anybody has really come out and said this BUT Garcia is OVERRATED! Peterson would beat his ass! Shit, Judah may tap that ass come April! of the 140lbers out there... Garcia is the worst!

I really do like the kid but he'll lose to the top 140lbers out there!

Yup! Garcia is pretty average, yet has managed to sneak in some big names on his resume in a short amount of time & is currently the man at 140. Which seems odd considering how unimpressive he is as a fighter & the fighters in his division! Inside the ring, Garcia does nothing for me!

One of the biggest things he has going for him, is his power, which seems to be one of the biggest factor in all of his big wins!

It would be funny to see Judah cause the big upset by catching Gacia with something big lol!
02-23-2013, 10:25 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
and the NEW Wrote:According to Schaefer, he is trying to set-up Lamont with Lucus. Put Alexander vs Brook on the same card in Washington, May 18.

As long as that title gets unified, it's all good.

Garcia, Peterson, Khan, Matthyse. Any combination of those four together makes a great fight...this is going to be a golden era for 140 if it all comes off.

Black
02-23-2013, 04:58 PM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
Holt-Peterson was on FNF and the very next night we get K9 - Ishe Smith on Showtime.

I almost have to assume either Smith or K9 has some kind of Haymon connection.

I can't think of two fighters I'm less interested in than K9 or Ishe.
02-24-2013, 01:13 AM
FNF - Holt-Peterson
blackbelt2003 Wrote:

As long as that title gets unified, it's all good.

Garcia, Peterson, Khan, Matthyse. Any combination of those four together makes a great fight...this is going to be a golden era for 140 if it all comes off.

Black
Exactly. And throw Judah and Rios in there.........

Also, Allakhverdiev could really mix it up with these guys. For those that haven't seen him, he is a pretty quick, southpaw fighter who can counter well. He doesn't fight like your 'normal' Russian or European fighter, he is a bit more athletic and fights with the lead hand down a lot in the holster.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)