Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

What should Ward do from here?
02-23-2013, 03:26 AM
With a fight with Pavlik no longer happening & Ward eliminating most major threats around him, what fight do you wanna see Andre Ward take next??

There are several fights lined up that he could take the winners out of! Give a rematch to the winner of Froch-Kessler II, which would both be big fights!

Wait for a big money fight (assuming the fight is out of America), & take the winner of a potential match between Bute-Pascal?

Lastly, to finish up at Super Middleweight & move up to fight the winner of Cloud-Hopkins?

Or any other options?

Each path has something in it for Ward, the first two options being the more lucrative!

He could give a rematch to the winner of Kessler-Froch II knowing they will be big fights against men he has already beat.

If he wanted to make good money & answer any doubts by fighting in someone elses backyard he could fight Bute or Pascal!

Could start a new chapter as a Light Heavyweight & fight Cloud or Hopkins!

I'd like to see close to all those fights but think Pascal & Bute could make for some fun fights. Would also he nice to see Ward make the most of 168 before movig up by taking a big rematch there.

Or he could end up taking a tuneup while all these fights sort themselves out!

What fight(s) do you want to see Ward in next?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 03:42 AM
Depending on what his 'goals' were, my answers would differ. If it were to be like Hopkins and dominate his division for a ridiculous amount of time. I'd say 'Froch vs Kessler' winner.
But he has already said that he is going to move up, he has cleaned up the whole 168 division so why not make your move to 175 now.

I say he should look for these fights, in order:

1 - Hopkins vs Cloud winner
2 - Bute vs Pascal winner (is this official?)
3 - Froch vs Kessler winner
02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Fight Froch in the UK.

Assuming Froch beats Kessler, he has shown himself to be the clear #2 guy in the division with wins against Bute, Mack (stay busy) and Kessler since the Ward loss.

It would be the best payday and give him a chance to leave the country and beat a top guy he already knows he can beat. There is just nothing else at 168 unless we think Dirrell is back on track.
02-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Dirrell, winner of Hopkins-Cloud.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
02-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Agree with JD.

Froch in the UK is a priority (heck, even Kessler in Denmark would be cool). Then Dirrell, a final hometown defence then take on 175.

Black
02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Dirrell...then retire Hopkins...or not.
02-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I see no reason why Ward needs to travel out of the country to fight 2 guys he already beat clear as day. If he wants to do it for financial reasons then so be it.

Ward should retire Martinez!
02-23-2013, 12:36 PM
damarvelous1 Wrote:I see no reason why Ward needs to travel out of the country to fight 2 guys he already beat clear as day. If he wants to do it for financial reasons then so be it.

No reason to travel out the country fir the number two guy, yet you think a fight against a middleweight who is essentially a blown up 154 is ok?
02-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Fight Chavez Jr! Beat his ass!
02-23-2013, 04:07 PM
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
damarvelous1 Wrote:I see no reason why Ward needs to travel out of the country to fight 2 guys he already beat clear as day. If he wants to do it for financial reasons then so be it.

No reason to travel out the country fir the number two guy, yet you think a fight against a middleweight who is essentially a blown up 154 is ok?
Yes it is absolutely OK!

I mean according to many, Martinez is top 5 P4P! He been fighting a 160 For his last 7 fights so he should be a full blown Middleweight now, right? I mean he does walk around at 180+. Ward cleaned out his division and beat the number 1 guy at 175. There's nothing else there... He should just focus on fighting the best now! According to many, Martinez is one of the best! No different then Mayweather fighting at 154 or Marquez fighting at 147. If not Martinez, then maybe Chavez Jr!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)