Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Comparing victories.
03-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Comparing victories.
Which win do you put more stock into, between Bernard Hopkins's victories over Pascal in their rematch or his most recent win over Cloud?

Both history making & breaking wins, beating Pascal in Canada at 46 or beating an undefeated fighter at 48?

On paper you'd go with Cloud but looking at the fights, fighters & performance I gotta say Hopkins's rematch to Pascal is the greater win!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Comparing victories.
Hopkins win over Pascal is much more impressive.

Cloud never had a chance of beating Hopkins. At least Pascal had a style to give Hopkins problems, he just didn't have the workrate.

I actually thought Hopkins looked very old this past Saturday.
03-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Comparing victories.
Pascal in his own backyard.
03-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Comparing victories.
damarvelous1 Wrote:Hopkins win over Pascal is much more impressive.

Cloud never had a chance of beating Hopkins. At least Pascal had a style to give Hopkins problems, he just didn't have the workrate.

He is old but an old all y'all hope you are at 48! I think both were impressive in light of his age but choose Pascal!
03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Comparing victories.
damarvelous1 Wrote:Hopkins win over Pascal is much more impressive.

I thought he looked 'old' as well and mentioned this straight after the fight, but he only looked 'old' when you're only using Bernard Hopkins himself as a comparison.
As a whole, he still looked like a very solid fighter and the results speak for themselves. At 175 he has fought the top guys in Pascal, Dawson and Cloud. He walked away at 48 years old beating 2 of those 3 guys.
You know, that isn't a bad result to walk away with regardless of age.

He looked older last week and I saw it early, no doubt. But he didn't look like shit. He adapts.
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Comparing victories.
The win over Pascal for sure. Pascal was an actual threat to Bernard, and at times even forced him to fight at a pace he would have preferred not to have. And then when you consider the road factor as well like JD said?

Not even close.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)