Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Jean Pascal-Lucian Bute is official!
03-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Looks like this fight is on! I assune a massive fight in Canada & should be a good fight for the winner to get their name back into the mix again!

How does this fight go & who takes this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 10:11 PM
This will be Bute's last fight.

Pascal by terrifying ko in 3.
03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm assuming this is at 168? I think Bute takes this and sets up his rematch with Froch.
03-16-2013, 10:13 PM
I think it's at 175... But I think Bute ends up on worldstarhiphop.
03-16-2013, 10:22 PM
This fight is going to create all sorts of buzz in Quebec. Canadian fans have embraced Bute far more than they have Pascal and I expect Bute to be the crowd favourite.

2 years ago, the popular opinion was that Pascal was a flawed fighter who only got by due to his speed and power. Many speculated that if Bute, who back then was undefeated, ever got in the ring with him, then he would befuddle him just like Hopkins had.

Fast forward to 2013, and Bute was decimated by Froch, and then went on to look shaky against Grachev. Meanwhile Pascal has gotten some vindication due to the fact that he was able to go to war with Froch for 12 whole rounds, while Bute got stopped in 5.

I'm pretty sure Pascal will try to rush Bute at some point to test his chin, and I believe that Bute will be expecting that. The interesting thing is that both guys have a low activity rate. Bute likes to lay back and counter punch, while Pascal likes to explode in bursts and then get out and move, so expect a lot of posturing.

Pascal has the advantages in speed, power and chin, while Bute is better technically, but once he tastes Pascal's bombs, will he break down, or will Pascal get tired and not throw enough punches?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OFFICIAL OFFICIAL THREAD: GGG vs. Kell Brook - September 10 2016 Romulus9 58 35,022 09-18-2016 04:17 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Bute vs Pascal postponed Fitz 6 4,219 05-14-2013 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fitz
  Bute-Pascal agreed in principle. Maxy 1 2,018 02-19-2013 03:18 PM
Last Post: jlupi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)