Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

In terms of Boxing, I gotta stop being something I'm not...
04-28-2013, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2013 06:23 AM by BigG.)
In terms of Boxing, I gotta stop being something I'm not...
My favorite fighters are Floyd, Hopkins, Leonard and I try to fight like them everytime...but truthfully I'm a banger.....man I'd love to disply awesome defensive reflexes...I can't do that shit. I do avoid punches sometimes but deep down I'm a mid range to inside fighter that likes to dig into the body...smh.....Frazier, Duran style...when I get hit I just try to answer right back....in the next sparring sessions I'm just gonna fight inside and practice weaving slipping punches...thats my real style I guess naturally even though I would love to be a super skilled outside fighter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 01:17 AM
RE: In terms of Boxing, I gotta stop being something I'm not...
(04-28-2013 06:21 AM)BigG Wrote:  My favorite fighters are Floyd, Hopkins, Leonard and I try to fight like them everytime...but truthfully I'm a banger.....man I'd love to disply awesome defensive reflexes...I can't do that shit. I do avoid punches sometimes but deep down I'm a mid range to inside fighter that likes to dig into the body...smh.....Frazier, Duran style...when I get hit I just try to answer right back....in the next sparring sessions I'm just gonna fight inside and practice weaving slipping punches...thats my real style I guess naturally even though I would love to be a super skilled outside fighter.
I was the same way. I KNEW that it was much smarter to fight from the outside...all of my trainers tried to make me ODLH...but I was naturally an inside guy. I had a pretty face, but my Italian heritage liked to get punched in it. Luckily, I had a punch that kept people away...I would've been mauled to shit by now if I didn't. lol

Anyway, the morale of the story is to fight from the outside, unless you can punch like a mule...then do whatever the fuck you want. hahaha

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Back in the day i used to try and be Shang Tsung in the ring. One round fight like Holyfield, the next like Tyson, next like Mosley. Tried to mimic some great moves Erik Morales has and so on.
05-03-2013, 03:25 AM
(05-02-2013 11:50 PM)boxingcritic Wrote:  Back in the day i used to try and be Shang Tsung in the ring. One round fight like Holyfield, the next like Tyson, next like Mosley. Tried to mimic some great moves Erik Morales has and so on.
Fighting like Mosley is exhausting! James Toney is more my speed now...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Always felt more natural fighting a similar style to Toney, a lot of rolling and lateral movement. My cardio has always been poor, so it's always been more comfortable to me.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)