Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Zab Judah vs Danny Garcia - Sat April 27 - SHO
04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: Zab Judah vs Danny Garcia - Sat April 27 - SHO
(04-29-2013 10:10 AM)TheFonz Wrote:  I think lucas is a bad fight for Garcia. My gut tells me that lucas is the tougher fighter and Danny isn't skilled enough to outbox him.

I'd give the slight edge to Lucas too... I just find it silly that all of a sudden, he's the "Most Avoided Man" in boxing. The guy couldn't even beat Judah and now he's some sort of a "Terror".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
(04-29-2013 11:15 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 10:10 AM)TheFonz Wrote:  I think lucas is a bad fight for Garcia. My gut tells me that lucas is the tougher fighter and Danny isn't skilled enough to outbox him.

I'd give the slight edge to Lucas too... I just find it silly that all of a sudden, he's the "Most Avoided Man" in boxing. The guy couldn't even beat Judah and now he's some sort of a "Terror".

You don't think he beat Judah?

LOL. OK.

I am not quite certain how the thought that Danny Garcia does not want to fight Matthysse translates to someone saying he is the most feared man in boxing...but that's neither here nor there. Matthysse will handle Garcia.
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
It's not that anyone's frightened of Matthyse, it's just that he's high risk/low reward.

He's on the same kind of level as Khan/Peterson/Judah but brings half the pay-day...that's why Garcia would rather fight Peterson IMO.

Black
04-29-2013, 07:12 PM
I find it funny that people hold it against Mathysse for not beating Judah. Don't forget that this was supposed to be a tune up for Zab and this was Mathysse first test.
Mathysse over achieved against Judah with many thinking he won the fight. Mathysse has improved and fought some better fights now and has gained experience. Don't put too much into him losing a questionable decision to Judah. He was meant to lose that a lot easier.
04-29-2013, 08:38 PM
ATN,

You need experience to fight in all different aspects of the sport in my view. Fighting in the clinch/fighting out of a break is something Judah does well in part because of his speed/explosiveness but also because he has more experience doing it. Nearly twice the fights and 10 years will do that. Garcia never threw back in those situations and seemed completely caught off guard when Judah would throw probably because he was just waiting for the referee to call a break.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 3,044 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 771 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
  Danny Garcia Sucks JD 22 1,574 04-30-2019 03:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)