Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

No longer a Jets fan
04-30-2013, 01:37 AM
No longer a Jets fan
Most of you know I'm from Georgia, and therefore a hardcore Falcons fan.

However, the Jets have always kind of been my secondary team, the team I rooted for as long as they weren't playing against Atlanta.

They were the same kind of lovable losers that my Falcons were. From Vinny Testaverde, Curtis Martin, and Wayne Chrebet, and later on to Chad Pennington, Coles, and Santana Moss. They were all coulda beens, shoulda beens, underachievers and overacheivers. But I liked 'em.

However, since Rex Ryan came onboard, the franchise as a whole has turned into a wasteland. Not the typical wasteland they used to be, but a vile, putrid, vitriolic wasteland.

And the way they've treated Tim Tebow is the last straw. Tim Tebow has more class than the rest of the Jets organization put together. He didn't deserve to be treated the way he has.

They brought him in and put him on the bench. They had him riding pine behind a QB any other franchise in the NFL would've benched long, long ago. And when they finally did decide to pull that piece of shit, they bypassed Tebow and put in their 3rd stringer.

And to make matters worse, they refused to trade Tebow, and they refused to cut him. At least right away. They wait until after the draft is over, to make sure Tim's value was at its absolute lowest point, and then they dump him.

What a classless fucking move.

Fuck the Jets. Just fuck 'em.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2013, 02:19 AM
RE: No longer a Jets fan
It will all come around and bite them in the ass when the Patriots pick him up, and run him down their throats.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't know how likely it is, but that's what I was hoping, that Bill Belichick would pick Tebow up just to tweak the Jets. I'd LOVE IT if he brought Tebow in on a redzone play to pound it into the endzone.
04-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Tebow is ridiculed, vilified, and attacked constantly for being an outspoken Christian. He speaks ill of no one, he does nothing to offend, and he acts with 100% absolute CLASS on and off the field because he wants to be the best representative and reflection of Christ that he can be.

On the other hand, an NBA center that's known only to his family and the few people he played ball with in college decides to announce to the world that he's a pillow biter, which by pure coincidence happens right when he's a free agent at the end of his career and needs some publicity, and he's lauded for his remarkable bravery to do such an amazing thing.

Society is such a joke sometimes.
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
(04-30-2013 10:23 AM)Romulus9 Wrote:  Tebow is ridiculed, vilified, and attacked constantly for being an outspoken Christian. He speaks ill of no one, he does nothing to offend, and he acts with 100% absolute CLASS on and off the field because he wants to be the best representative and reflection of Christ that he can be.

On the other hand, an NBA center that's known only to his family and the few people he played ball with in college decides to announce to the world that he's a pillow biter, which by pure coincidence happens right when he's a free agent at the end of his career and needs some publicity, and he's lauded for his remarkable bravery to do such an amazing thing.

Society is such a joke sometimes.
I personally don't see the attraction in burying my balls inside some dude's dirty, hairy, stinky asscrack, but if that's what someone wants, I believe they've got every right to pursue it.

But I do agree with you wholeheartedly about society having its values twisted.

I work with an atheist asshole who gets overly emotional every time a hint of religion comes up.

One time in particular was when I was telling a buddy I didn't want to have a daughter, because I'm scared shitless she'll bring home some retarded dickhead like Adrien Broner.

My buddy said no one would ever be good enough for my daughter, to which I replied Tim Tebow would.

Immediately this atheist fuck I wasn't even talking to pipes up and says "I'd disown my daughter if she brought Tim Tebow home."

I'm shot back, "Why, because he's polite, well-spoken, hardworking, and respectful to everyone he meets? I guess you'd prefer she came home with someone like Michael Vick."

I don't know what his response was gonna be, because just as soon as he opened his mouth to reply, I was like "Man, just shut the fuck up!"

He knows me well enough, so he took my advice. But that's just today's society in a nutshell. Good people get villified, but worthless pieces of shit like Justin Bieber, Gay Z, and Kuntye West, and the Kardashians are spotlighted every second of the day.

Just a fucking disgrace.
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I don't keep 100% tabs on the Jets...but I did hear about this situation, but never thought about in those terms....reading it makes it seem like they really did fuck the dude over.

I do recall never quite understanding why they brought Teebow in and then seemed to refuse to utilize him....also I recall wondering why Sanchez continued to play when you had a guy that like him or not really revatalized a Denever Bronco team the year before and at the very least got them to the playoffs. Never made sense to me.

Somebody will pick the kid up and I've always thought that with some solid coaching the guy can be utilized in many different ways to make him a threat....he may not be the best QB to ever suit up...but what he lacks in skill he makes up for in determination and lack of fear....two strong aspects that, like I said...if trained right could produce a very solid threat.

NOW...as for the other aspect of this thread....you need to throw down that Atheist Fucktard and toss holy water on him while shouting "The Power of Christ Compels You!!!!!".

Not do to any religious aspect...simply because I know it would make his nuts shrink up and he would hate it.

Atheists that FORCE an agenda are JUST as annoying as any religious person that does the same thing!!!

I have the same level of contempt for the asshole that gets offended at a statue of the ten commandments on a courthouse square as I do for the Jahovah's Witness's that interupt me when I'm mowing the lawn. More so at the Atheist as at the very least the JW's are trying to argue in relation to the belief they will save me....so at the very least they are concerned about me as a person...whereas the Atheist just wants things his way and does not have the intestinel fortitude to simply ignore something he does not care for.

And yes....the example you use is a PRIME example of how fucked and twisted we have become as a society.....but we have no one to blame but ourselves. We have allowed our media and our corporations to warp our sense of wrong and right to the degree that a guy that has saved his virginity for marrige is rediculed while a man who allows a penis to be pushed deep inside of his rectum is totuted as a wonderful, brave soul. This is a very LARGE part of the reason that Radical Muslims hate us so much. Although I do not justify any of the measures that they take in regard to attempting to keep our influance away from their lands.....looking at what we have become...I get it.

What you are seeing is the long, slow degenerative affects of Capatalism left unchecked....and by that I mean...not kept in perspective. I am not a Red Marxist...but I've read too many threorists that claim that over tme it will sell out your morals and living here today...the proof is right there to be seen. Lasch's main point in his book "The True and Only Heaven" stated this theory and everything he said would happen has....from an increase in terrorism to the apathy we seem to have, even to the school shootings....we wrote the book in the early/mid 80's during the Reagan years and he said all of this was coming....and he was right.

The key is to not allow Capatalism to erode your morals...which mean maintaining your stance despite going against the grain of the general public....NOT being afraid to state your opinions despite being in the minority and instilling the values you see fit in your children no matter the fact that current day media will tell you you are warping their mind and are in the wrong. It's not easy to do....but you have to do it to maintain your own morals in a sea of shit.
04-30-2013, 07:00 PM
(04-30-2013 10:44 AM)Warlord Wrote:  ... I'm scared shitless she'll bring home some retarded dickhead like Adrien Broner.

The next some someone asks, "Why does anyone NEED an AR-15..."

... that is why.
05-01-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm really hoping that the Bucs pick him up. He's cleared waivers, so any team can bring him in on a short term contract and evaluate him. I think that he'd fill that Alstott role very nicely down here.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
05-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Alstott was a beast.
06-10-2013, 08:03 PM
(04-30-2013 02:19 AM)Spyder Wrote:  It will all come around and bite them in the ass when the Patriots pick him up, and run him down their throats.

Your prophecy is well on its way, lol. According to multiple reports, Tebow is headed to New England. Awesome.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)