Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Adrien Broner Appreciation Thread
03-17-2023, 01:23 PM
RE: Adrien Broner Appreciation Thread

Adrien Broner joins forces with Don King.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2023/3/16/23...-news-2023

This should amount to a whole lotta nothing.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2023, 03:40 PM
Two absolutely irrelevant characters, with one borrowing cash off the other to hold for a photo....

King probably wanted 10% on top when Broner handed that shit back
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2023, 09:48 PM
(03-17-2023 01:23 PM)Snoop Wrote:  İmage

Adrien Broner joins forces with Don King.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2023/3/16/23...-news-2023

This should amount to a whole lotta nothing.

This is line with Broner’s intelligence level.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
03-18-2023, 07:11 AM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for all King's tap dancing around all non-boxing related subjects with Broner. I'd love to hear King's forced laughs as Broner tells hilarious stories about pussy/jail/clubs ect.
03-18-2023, 07:35 AM
I’ve never seen someone with such little charisma and magnetism get recycled so many times.

His boxing talent is nothing spectacular, he’s not entertaining, he’s not likable…what is it?
03-18-2023, 08:50 AM
When he came up, they needed a new Floyd. He sort looked like maybe fitting the bill. So they pushed it hard. It never transpired in any way, and it's only still going until the last of them get their money out.
03-18-2023, 11:22 PM
(03-18-2023 07:11 AM)salvador Wrote:  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for all King's tap dancing around all non-boxing related subjects with Broner. I'd love to hear King's forced laughs as Broner tells hilarious stories about pussy/jail/clubs ect.

A funny side story, Kevin Barry once played me a 45 minute phone call he had recorded when Don king phoned him trying to sign David Tua. Don was laying it on super thick with an extra helping of mayo. I t was some of the funniest shit I've ever heard in my life, by the end of the call Don was inviting them all to his daughter's upcoming wedding lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-19-2023, 07:22 AM
(03-18-2023 11:22 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  A funny side story, Kevin Barry once played me a 45 minute phone call he had recorded when Don king phoned him trying to sign David Tua. Don was laying it on super thick with an extra helping of mayo. I t was some of the funniest shit I've ever heard in my life, by the end of the call Don was inviting them all to his daughter's upcoming wedding lol

I'd love to hear that sales pitch!

Neither Tua nor Barry seem like the kind of guys who'd be swayed by a bag of cash like Tyson or Broner.

Very cool New Zealand boxing connection btw. That's the kind of product differentiation we have here at BU that the other forums simply don't have!
03-19-2023, 08:57 PM
(03-19-2023 07:22 AM)salvador Wrote:  I'd love to hear that sales pitch!

Neither Tua nor Barry seem like the kind of guys who'd be swayed by a bag of cash like Tyson or Broner.

Very cool New Zealand boxing connection btw. That's the kind of product differentiation we have here at BU that the other forums simply don't have!

When Kevin and David first flew out to meet with Lou Duva, I think Main Events were based out at Atlanta at the time. Long story short they had a connecting flight I believe at L.A. Somehow as they are going through the arrivals gate two of Don's men come up to them out of nowhere, suits and sunglasses on, some 'Men in Black' shit. They tell them Don would like to see them and if they'd like to get in the limo waiting outside they would put them on Don's private jet and fly them straight out there and then. Obviously they didn't take the bait, but that is some straight up gangsta shit and Kevin to this day has no idea how King knew they were arriving into the States. Boxing in the 90's must've been so fucking great to be involved in.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-19-2023, 09:14 PM
(03-19-2023 08:57 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  When Kevin and David first flew out to meet with Lou Duva, I think Main Events were based out at Atlanta at the time. Long story short they had a connecting flight I believe at L.A. Somehow as they are going through the arrivals gate two of Don's men come up to them out of nowhere, suits and sunglasses on, some 'Men in Black' shit. They tell them Don would like to see them and if they'd like to get in the limo waiting outside they would put them on Don's private jet and fly them straight out there and then. Obviously they didn't take the bait, but that is some straight up gangsta shit and Kevin to this day has no idea how King knew they were arriving into the States. Boxing in the 90's must've been so fucking great to be involved in.

Yeah, King and Arum had a helluva situation for decades.

That's an awesome story. Makes me like King more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manny Pacqiuao-Adrien Broner set for Jan 19th! ViperSniper 53 5,606 02-12-2019 06:49 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Arturo Gatti - Adrien Broner: Who wins? ViperSniper 4 1,564 05-04-2018 09:58 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Adrien Broner Vs. Zab Judah TheFonz 10 3,959 10-10-2017 03:13 PM
Last Post: KingEugene

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)