Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Should Lomachenko fight for the vacant WBO title?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Russel Jr-Lomachenko?
03-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Russel Jr-Lomachenko?
It seems the WBO has ordered both Gary Russell Jr and Lomachenko to square off for Salido's vacant title he lost on the scales.

This will be a very close, interesting fight against two skilled fighters. A bit of a pick em kinda fight and both in a way, their biggest test in regards to the skills department.

Weather it's entirely his fault or not, GRJ has unfortunately been moved along pretty slowly. Whereas Lomachenko (1-1) has been rocketed in just two fights which is in a way, a big compliment to his amateur accomplishments.

HOWEVER!! Despite the interest in this matchup (if it happens) I say "fuck it"! Fuck Lomachenko!! The guy is incredibly lucky to get an opportunity to fight for a world title in just his 2nd fight. You have a ton of fighters who work their asses off through the rankings, just to get a title shot but never ever see that opportunity in their lives!! You would have a fuck load of fighters that would do anything to fight for a world title and put their hand up in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. .weather their ready or not! Now you got Lomachenko getting his SECOND chance in just 3 fights after losing in his last fights. An immediate title shot, when he is coming off a loss!

Nope! I don't like this one bit! I don't give two fucks what he has done in the amateurs or if he has done well for himself already as a pro, he can get in line like the rest and EARN his shot like everybody else!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Russel Jr-Lomachenko?
I agree that this is unfair to other pros who have been plying their trade longer than Lomachenko. I don't like the alphabet organizations and it's been years since I haven't paid attention to who holds which belt. Whatever my viewpoints on them may be, most fighters, especially those that haven't made it to the big time yet, consider those belts as bargaining tools in order to bait the bigger names into fighting them. The belts also allow for their fights to be televised. So with all that said, it is unfair that Lomachenko is getting yet another title shot.
03-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Russel Jr is going to eat his lunch. Who is managing this guy?

03-28-2014, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2014 06:07 AM by Fitz.)
Who fucking cares...

I don't care whether he gets another title shot or not. It's not like he was gifted an opportunity. He has a ballsy team who don't care if he gets losses on the way, and not there to protect him and wrap him in cotton wool as he goes through the pro ranks.

As for guys working there ass off and would love to get an opportunity to fight for a title? Well, just convince your team to put you in with a top 10 fighter from the get go, it's not fucking hard to get a title shot in this day and age. Guys like Maussa, Hakkar, Leapai and other second tier fighters like Katsidis, Alfonso Gomez, Michael Jennings get title shots. It's not hard, it the fighters or team that make the journey to a title shot long.

Saul Alvarez had a pro debut against a guy with a 0-1 record
Cotto had a debut against another figher making his debut
Rigondeaux had a debut against a guy with a 3-2 record
DLH made his debut against a guy with a 5-1-1 record
Mayweather had his debut against another debutant

Lomachenko has a debut against a guy with a 25-3 record ranked 7 by the WBO

That's the difference. He wasn't gifted, or taken a shortcut. He was fast tracked. Anybody can do it, they just need to convince someone to give them a top 10 fighter in their debut.

I don't have a problem. People whine that guys like Canelo, Russel Jr, Chavez and so many more of these new age fighters get moved too slow, and now people bitch when a guy moves too quick.

Don't feel sorry for the guys that work there ass off and don't get a title shot. If they don't, it's because they suck and probably don't deserve to get one anyways. Not hard to get a title shot for the world class fighters in this day. If they take longer, blame the fighter or camp for bringing them up slow and fear the 'zero'.

Fuck his team for not putting him in the ring with a debutant or someone with 5 fights or less, or with a losing record.

Here is another list of fighters who have taken shortcuts. Jeff Fenech probably the most famous

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-news/box...champions/
03-29-2014, 10:00 AM
I agree with Fitz.

I'm still stunned so many people care about belts. Who cares about some piece of shit symbol, especially at 126 pounds? If Lomachenko feels like fighting the best at 26, let him. It's way more entertaining than watching him fight bums - and at 126 no network is going to waste viewers' time with him fighting bums.

The Salido fight was one of the best learning experiences for a young fighter I've ever seen. In the pros, guys fight dirty. I doubt Lomachenko will be waiting 12 rounds for a ref to get involved in the future.

Mostly, his skills match up well with any guy in the division. I'd much rather see him fight Mares or Donaire than watch Broner-Molina (who has 7 kos in 17 fights) or even Khan-Collazo (though I'm thrilled Collazo is getting a shot/paycheck).
04-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I think Lomachenko deserves the shot. He showed he could go neck and neck with Salido, that is already more than Russell Jr has done in all of his fights!

Lomachenko made himself relevant at featherweight in one fight, Russell Jr is still only a guy on the verge of making himself relevant.

If Russell Jr wants to complain, he should be doing so about Lomachenko getting such an early shot at the title against Salido, but Lomachenko has well and truly earned his dues already to be in contention with the best at feather.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)