Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Next 9 weeks of boxing is looking solid!
04-26-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: Next 9 weeks of boxing is looking solid!
Molina vs Matthysse was amazing! What a great fight!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Holy cow! Brutal!
04-27-2014, 06:52 PM
LOL @ Joe Goosen in between the 10th and 11th round in Molina's corner. His fighter took a brutal beating in the round prior; he probably should have considered stopping the fight but was just being a prick when the doc and referee were looking in on Molina. Maybe he was hoping Molina had an ounce of one of his old boys Diego Corrales in him and that's why he sent him back out there. I found it amusing that Molina was KO within moments of the 11th starting.

Very entertaining fight, no doubt!
04-27-2014, 07:50 PM
I also found Goosen amusing between rounds 10 an 11. I never count Molina out though, he's been known to get a couple stoppages while behind on the cards, but he wasn't taking a beating in those fights. Matthysse was really punishing him in rounds 7-10 and the fight should have been stopped. Molina is a warrior though and had success against one of the top fighters in the division, so kudos to him. That fight was definitely foty so far and leaves fans wanting to see both guys again.

Surprised to see the Thurman fight end like that. Though not winning the round, Diaz found some success in that 3rd round landing a few hard shots. That fight could have been a good test for Thurman if it went rounds, but he looked good for 3 rounds. Would love to see him fight Porter. Would be an awesome bout, as both guys come to fight. I think Thurman gives more movement and angles than Porter, and he would want to utilize that if they fought.

Also, that judge that had Figueroa by 8 points sucks. That was a very close fight that could have gone either way. I had it a draw, but Figueroa was busier and Belmonte landed the cleaner harder shots. I thought Belmonte was the better boxer, but he needed to let those hands go and keep snapping that jab.
04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
(04-27-2014 07:50 PM)KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN Wrote:  I also found Goosen amusing between rounds 10 an 11. I never count Molina out though, he's been known to get a couple stoppages while behind on the cards, but he wasn't taking a beating in those fights. Matthysse was really punishing him in rounds 7-10 and the fight should have been stopped. Molina is a warrior though and had success against one of the top fighters in the division, so kudos to him. That fight was definitely foty so far and leaves fans wanting to see both guys again.

Surprised to see the Thurman fight end like that. Though not winning the round, Diaz found some success in that 3rd round landing a few hard shots. That fight could have been a good test for Thurman if it went rounds, but he looked good for 3 rounds. Would love to see him fight Porter. Would be an awesome bout, as both guys come to fight. I think Thurman gives more movement and angles than Porter, and he would want to utilize that if they fought.

Also, that judge that had Figueroa by 8 points sucks. That was a very close fight that could have gone either way. I had it a draw, but Figueroa was busier and Belmonte landed the cleaner harder shots. I thought Belmonte was the better boxer, but he needed to let those hands go and keep snapping that jab.

In between the 10th and 11th round, I was thinking the exact same thing about Molina's past. sure he has fight ending power, but he had never taken a beating like that from such a heavy handed fighter before.

Belmontes showed some spectacular footwork in there and even if he didn't let his hands go more than he should have, he still won the fight and Figueroa knows it too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)