Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Dramatic fight-almost-stopped moments in boxing where the tables turned shortly after
05-06-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: Dramatic fight-almost-stopped moments in boxing where the tables turned shortly after
(05-06-2014 01:50 PM)Romulus9 Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 12:46 PM)Spyder Wrote:  What happened between rounds Rom?

Jon broke the guy's nose so badly that the doctor stopped it.

The dude hits so ridiculously hard...
Those big ol' corn fed boys can pack a wallop.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Dramatic fight-almost-stopped moments in boxing where the tables turned shortly after
(05-06-2014 02:38 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  You need to Youtube John David Jackson vs Jorge Castro for the most amazing turn around ever.

Black

Fantastic suggestion! I had actually never seen that before and just watched it. Amazing end to the fight, I can't believe I missed that one over all these years.
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Video RE: Dramatic fight-almost-stopped moments in boxing where the tables turned shortly after
Kevin Kelley-Derrick Gainer. Kelley had a badly swollen eye and the fight seemed like it was about to get stopped until he switched stances while simultaneously throwing an overhand left hand that knocked Gainer out.

Marciano-Charles II. Marciano had a badly split nose that warranted a stoppage, but the heavy handed legend managed to stop Charles in the 8th round.

Kendall Holt-Ricardo Torres. The murderous punching Colombian dropped Holt and had him hurt before Holt headbutted Torres and followed it up with a legal blow that iced Torres, all in the first round of the fight.
05-07-2014, 07:21 AM
For a less well known one, try Youtubing Danny Williams vs Mark Potter. This was a classic, with Williams dislocating his shoulder early on, bravely fighting on but seeing his shoulder pop out in the 7th. He limps around the ring, his right arm dangling at his side and in obvious pain whilst Potter tees off on him with big punches.

Then BOOM! Williams lets fly with a left uppercut that takes Potter out. As soon as the fight ends, Williams collapses in pain. A phenomenal end!!!

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Most memorable post fight moments. ViperSniper 0 233 04-28-2020 06:32 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  elite moments in boxing ChadDaElite 41 28,594 11-20-2016 01:00 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Boxing moments/images that have stuck with you over the years BrutalBodyShots 19 13,501 04-22-2014 10:59 AM
Last Post: KingEugene

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)