Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
04-30-2014, 03:21 AM
Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
Let me start by saying that this guy is obviously a Grade-A piece of shit and he is getting everything that he deserves.

However saying that..................wasn't that racist rant he made taken off a private recording? How can you be publicly held accountable for something you've said in private? If that is the case I'm sure pretty much everyone in the world would be fucked on some level.

As far as I understand he hasn't broken any laws, made any public pronouncements on the subject of race. It confuses me somewhat and I think it is a very slippery slope.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 04:38 AM
RE: Donald Sterling-Am I missing something?
I know it was private, but it was made public and there was no way that the NBA could not do anything about this. They are a business and if they did nothing, it would have cost them dearly and it wouldn't have sat well at all from the public.
They are a business and comments like that are not good for business.

He didn't make them public, but they were made public and something had to be done for the good of the sport. It was the correct decision the NBA made IMO.
04-30-2014, 04:44 AM
(04-30-2014 04:38 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I know it was private, but it was made public and there was no way that the NBA could not do anything about this. They are a business and if they did nothing, it would have cost them dearly and it wouldn't have sat well at all from the public.

He didn't make them public, but they were made public and something had to be done for the good of the sport. It was the correct decision the NBA made IMO.

I'm not disagreeing with the decision and really as you say the NBA had no choice. But with all the ways someone can be recorded now in private moments where does it all stop?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-30-2014, 04:50 AM
I reckon a half days secret recording would be enough not only to cost me my job and marriage but probably also some jail time
04-30-2014, 04:56 AM
(04-30-2014 04:44 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 04:38 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I know it was private, but it was made public and there was no way that the NBA could not do anything about this. They are a business and if they did nothing, it would have cost them dearly and it wouldn't have sat well at all from the public.

I'm not disagreeing with the decision and really as you say the NBA had no choice. But with all the ways someone can be recorded now in private moments where does it all stop?

Well, I think that's Sterling's fault, it was his girlfriend that recorded and released the recordings. I think he is to blame or didn't have good judgement by getting involved with her.
Look how young she is compared to him, she isn't there for his companionship.

He got screwed over by his girlfriend, it's not like the NBA or anyone had his phones tapped or anything.
04-30-2014, 05:10 AM
(04-30-2014 04:50 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I reckon a half days secret recording would be enough not only to cost me my job and marriage but probably also some jail time

There's a few e-mails which if ever discovered would also put me in a similar position.

(04-30-2014 04:56 AM)Fitz Wrote:  

Well, I think that's Sterling's fault, it was his girlfriend that recorded and released the recordings. I think he is to blame or didn't have good judgement by getting involved with her.

He got screwed over by his girlfriend, it's not like the NBA or anyone had his phones tapped or anything.

Surely you are not holding the age of that hot piece of ass against him? That has zero bearing on it. What age difference is the cutoff point between being allowed to have a private rant and it being your own fault? Is it OK for me to say have a girlfriend who is 15 years younger than me? If I have a rant on the phone that she records and then releases is it my fault or hers? Or if she is 15 years younger than me it is OK for her to do that because I shouldn't be dating someone with that much age difference?

I need to know this for future reference because according to your argument the difference between me and my girlfriend is crucial in knowing whether I am free to rant or not.

04-30-2014, 05:56 AM
(04-30-2014 05:10 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 04:50 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  I reckon a half days secret recording would be enough not only to cost me my job and marriage but probably also some jail time

There's a few e-mails which if ever discovered would also put me in a similar position.

Surely you are not holding the age of that hot piece of ass against him? That has zero bearing on it. What age difference is the cutoff point between being allowed to have a private rant and it being your own fault? Is it OK for me to say have a girlfriend who is 15 years younger than me? If I have a rant on the phone that she records and then releases is it my fault or hers? Or if she is 15 years younger than me it is OK for her to do that because I shouldn't be dating someone with that much age difference?

I need to know this for future reference because according to your argument the difference between me and my girlfriend is crucial in knowing whether I am free to rant or not.

You're missing the point. He is 80 years old and his girlfriend (I have no idea how old she is) is young. She isn't his girlfriend because she likes him, likes his company etc. She is with him because of money, she is nothing more than a conniving gold digger.

Surely his judgement is poor for opening up to someone that isn't there because she is emotionally attached to him.

I don't think her recording phone convos is right and I'm not defending that, but he should have had some wits about himself about getting himself involved, or at least opening himself up to someone like that.

Do you think a young attractive girl being in a relationship with a billionaire is trusting person?
04-30-2014, 06:09 AM
(04-30-2014 05:56 AM)Fitz Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 05:10 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  

You're missing the point. He is 80 years old and his girlfriend (I have no idea how old she is) is young. She isn't his girlfriend because she likes him, likes his company etc. She is with him because of money, she is nothing more than a conniving gold digger.

Surely his judgement is poor for opening up to someone that isn't there because she is emotionally attached to him.

I don't think her recording phone convos is right and I'm not defending that, but he should have had some wits about himself about getting himself involved, or at least opening himself up to someone like that.

Do you think a young attractive girl being in a relationship with a billionaire is trusting person?

I think you miss my point. My point is that that isn't the point! The point I was making is when you start using someone's private conversations, whether they be recorded or e-mail or whatever to make decisions regarding their professional/business life you are on a slippery slope. You are opening Pandora's box somewhat. And in saying that I hope he was able to open her box enough to make this whole debacle worthwhile.

He is worthless piece of shit but the way it has come out is questionable to say the least and I'm surprised more coverage hasn't been given to the fact that it was a private recorded conversation released without his consent. Whether he was dumb enough to trust her or not is a moot point IMHO.

04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Bottom line, it got out. If the NBA did nothing about it the players would strike. out of all people this guy had to choose MAGIC f'n Johnson to talk shit about. Listen man, you can talk shit about a lot of people in LA, but if you're gonna choose MAGIC be ready for the pitch forks. They are gonna fry this dude.
04-30-2014, 10:34 AM
With this whole topic.....we are not going down a slippery slope....we already went down and hit a wall. No matter your feelings about the man's views (which are bizarre to say the least).....when you start handing out legal fines and punishments based on private statements not made publicly....you may as well start handing down fines for THINKING bad thoughts. Legal issues are fairly black or white....you either did or did not break the law.....in this case...all the man did was state unpopular beliefs.....last I checked....that's not a crime. Now, I understand that the NBA had to beat it's chest on the subject to avoid a walk out and loss of revenue....but I really do hope the guy appeals....because when looked at from a legal stand point....i don't think they have a leg to stand on.

I could understand a reasonable fine....NOT 2.5 million. I could also understand looking into his hiring practices....but not a life time ban and forced sale of the team.....that is excessive for simply speaking unpopular views....again in a private setting not on official statements. Its the equivalent of punishing a person for telling a racial joke in his own home....the forced political correctness of America has gotten to moronic proportions with this case.

and other observations....im tired of hearing how this shows the racism of "white" people in America....the guy is NOT "white" he's a Jew....he is middle eastern Not...white....ie...euro decent.

and I do consider him a slimeball....but not due to his own personal views....unlike the majority of Americans...I feel he has the right to have his own views no matter how unpopular.....he is a slimeball because he was married and began fucking around with this NBA cock socket.....that was wrong. I also feel he is a pos based on his Jew like ways of being more concerned about looking the part than following suit.....how twisted is it to tell somebody not to pose for a picture with a man...BUT...then tell her its ok to fuck that dame dude....considering Magic has a raging case of the Hiv....that shows you this guy is more interested in appearances moreso than substance....but one should already have known that by his having a trophy arm candy gf.

Hopefully, if he is forced to sale the team....he will use some of that money to pay the most precise Israeli hitman to kill the whore a few years later....I would.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)