Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins, Mayweather or Margarito?
Floyd Mayweather
Antonio Margarito
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Antonio Margarito-Floyd Mayweather @ Welterweight.
05-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Antonio Margarito-Floyd Mayweather @ Welterweight.
Who would have won??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 02:04 AM
RE: Antonio Margarito-Floyd Mayweather @ Welterweight.
50/50 fight. Margarito in his prime would sort of be a cross between Castillo and Maidana except bigger which causes problems for Floyd. A 12 round fight that is no wider than 115-113 for the guy that deserves the nod on that night.
05-04-2014, 02:27 AM
That would have been an awesome fight. I think Margarito would have been way too slow, but Floyd has a rough time dealing with pressure. Floyd would dominate in the middle of the ring, but Margarito would have killed him to the body on the ropes and wore him down. I'd give Floyd a 116-112 type decision, but Margarito would hurt Floyd to the body.
05-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Mayweather comfortably. If we're talking prime for prime. Maidana is more awkward than Margarito so I don't use that comparison a lot. Mayweather also would have respected him a lot more leading up to the fight and would have kept it in the middle of the ring a lot more from the opening bell.
05-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Pac went on record saying the Margarito fight took the most out of him. Even though he owned Margarito Pac said he was so big it was like fighting a walking tree. I think Floyd's legs at the time would've won him the fight.
05-04-2014, 07:33 PM
(05-04-2014 02:45 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Mayweather comfortably. If we're talking prime for prime. Maidana is more awkward than Margarito so I don't use that comparison a lot. Mayweather also would have respected him a lot more leading up to the fight and would have kept it in the middle of the ring a lot more from the opening bell.

IMO if we're talking at 147 it can't really be prime vs prime because Mayweather's real prime is probably at 130-135. In a P4P mythical matchup I think a 130-135 pound Mayweather has a bit too much footwork, foot speed and legs to lose to Margarito. At 147 however I think Margarito stands a good chance, but again it's a 115-113 type fight.
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
I think Floyd makes Margarito look like Frankenstein's Monster following him around the ring.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2014, 12:11 AM
The only two wws who could have ever possibly beaten Floyd in his time were Marg and Williams.

Both had a terrible styles for Floyd.

Stunning that those fights never happened. You would have thought that Floyd would have wanted those questions answered for history.
05-05-2014, 01:57 AM
i can't really see too many arguments for Floyd for this fight. Marg would be eating every punch and throwing 3 of his own in return, he'd run Floyd out of the ring. i think he'd wear him down and take control of the fight. another thing is Marg threw a lot of shots and they were thudding punches. Floyd would feel them. what would his arms be feeling like after being on the ropes 6 rounds and taking a couple hundred punches from Marg by that point in the fight?
05-05-2014, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 04:03 AM by Fitz.)
(05-04-2014 09:17 PM)Spyder Wrote:  I think Floyd makes Margarito look like Frankenstein's Monster following him around the ring.

Yep, that's what I think as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ricardo Mayorga-Floyd Mayweather @ Welterweight. ViperSniper 161 109,818 10-12-2014 02:40 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Antonio Margarito Retires Romulus9 18 10,857 06-09-2012 02:28 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR: "LIL FLOYD WILL RUN PACQUIAO OUT O Method 14 10,945 12-15-2011 02:40 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)