Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins a rematch?
Amir Khan
Marcos Maidana
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Khan-Maidana II. Who wins?
05-24-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Khan-Maidana II. Who wins?
Maidana denied that remark on twitter... He'll fight on regardless.

It looks less likely that he'll even get a rematch. Rumor going around that we're going to get Mayweather-Garcia this fall in Brooklyn with a stacked undercard. Peter Quillen is the darkhourse to land the Mayweather fight! If he doesn't get it this fall I expect him to be on the undercard and will likely land the Mayweather fight next May. Looks like Mayweather will try to go for a Middleweight title.

Again, just speculation but I have seen this on some pretty reliable sites.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2014, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 10:36 PM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, Garcia seems the most likely to get the fight in September. And fair enough, the kid now has the Philly following, has built up some Puerto Rican support, has slayed Khan and Morales, and has wins over Judah and Matthyse. That is a enough proof that he is next in line, it is more than Porter, Thurman, Khan or Maidana have done.

That said, Garcia is taylor made for Mayweather and this could truly be another Gatti type performance.

Quillen, lol, what a joke of a middleweight 'champ' he is. I'll believe that when I see it. He could get beat whenever he fights anybody decent. Even the proposed Jacobs fight could end his 'reign'!
05-25-2014, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 02:59 AM by ViperSniper.)
Garcia would be much more worthy than alot of Mayweather's previous selection of opponents. By saying that, Garcia being a 140 pounder doesn't offer much of a threat and will be outmatched, outclassed.
Floyd really did duck an entire era of Welterweights.
05-29-2014, 03:40 AM
I'd quite like Mayweather-Porter to unify the belts. Porter has this hunger and freshness that undefeated young kids have and I haven't seen Mayweather have to deal with that for soooooooo long. Would be nice to see. Garcia is good but is too small and not strong enough. Money would bully him in the ring.

Black
05-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Porter also throws an overhand right and is scrappy! It is definitely a dangerous fight for Mayweather.
05-29-2014, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 10:36 AM by BrutalBodyShots.)
(05-29-2014 03:40 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I'd quite like Mayweather-Porter to unify the belts. Porter has this hunger and freshness that undefeated young kids have and I haven't seen Mayweather have to deal with that for soooooooo long. Would be nice to see. Garcia is good but is too small and not strong enough. Money would bully him in the ring.

Black

I thought Mayweather had to deal with those attributes in Canelo just 2 fights ago and did so quite easily. Of course the 152 argument plays a factor in that to an unknown degree. Interesting that Mayweather hasn't taken on more undefeated guys though... just Canelo, Hatton and Corrales to my knowledge not counting any scrubs early in his first couple of years. Looks like he puts about 7 years of time between fighting undefeated fighters; likely he won't face another before he retires at that rate!
06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Lol yeah...how could i forget Canelo...he fits that description perfectly!

D'oh!

Although in my defence Alvarez tried to fight like an old pro with boxing skills instead of a hungry, balls-to-the-wall young lion.

Black
06-01-2014, 06:53 PM
It drives me nuts when guys squander their only shot to win a fight; it's their one shot and they don't give themselves the best chance to win.

Reminds me of Gatti when he faced Mayweather. There was probably 1 in 10 people that gave Gatti the punchers chance of landing that one clean left hook. 10 in 10 knew he had to come out and fight to have a chance at it, yet he comes out and decides to BOX with no intentions of fighting a rough fight at all. Similar showing from Canelo, except obviously he was no where near as shop worn.
06-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Gatti had one of the all time worst game plans a fighter has had stepping into the ring with!

A limitless 1 dimensional fighter inside the ring trying to outbox a master boxer!? Not sure what he was thinking.
06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't say Gatti was one dimensional; he won titles both by boxing and by brawling at different points in his career. He wasn't great at either but could be good at either. It was clear to everyone (except Gatti and his camp evidently) that Gatti's B-level brawling rather than his B-level boxing was his best shot to beat the A+ level boxer in Floyd.

You would think that Gatti's people would have seen that the only guys to really trouble Floyd up until that point in his career were guys that fought rough like Castillo, Chavez in parts and Augustus to some degree. It wasn't until Mayweather faced very good boxers himself that possessed a jab like DLH and Cotto that he looked vulnerable again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maidana V Broner- Who wins? the ollie reed fan club 5 3,978 03-25-2014 11:02 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)