Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny Pacquiao gets raped by the Filipino IRS
06-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Manny Pacquiao gets raped by the Filipino IRS
http://www.mb.com.ph/bir-deals-pacquiao-another-blow/

He owes P4,900,000,000 or $112,000,000. His appeal was rejected.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Manny Pacquiao gets raped by the Filipino IRS
He needs to resolve the issue w the IRS before the filipino can be resolved.
06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
No. The United States and the Philippines have inter-governmental tax immunity, so if he pays his taxes for one country, he doesn't have to pay his taxes for the other. Pacquiao says he paid American taxes, which would absolve him of liability for Filipino taxes, and he showed evidence of this to a Filipina reporter. The judge got pissed off and handed down a gag order, so none of us will really know what happened in this case.

It may be that Pacquiao paid American taxes, and the Philippine government is just going after him for either the money or to hamper his political career, but I simply don't buy that. I think the most likely situation is that Pacquiao didn't pay $10s of millions in taxes, and he was given $10s of millions in fines as a penalty in lieu of jail time.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
06-16-2014, 04:32 PM
he was given $10s of millions in fines as a penalty in lieu of jail time.>>>>

I didnt hear that at all. the amt is so high due to "interest" and failure to provide the documents requested from the US. My take is that until he resolves his US problems It would be hard to put the matter to bed in his country.
06-16-2014, 04:37 PM
It went from P2.2 billion to P4.9 billion due to "taxes and surcharges." (the article incorrectly states that it's P3.9 billion.) I assumed the surcharges were penalties because no one pays 100% interest in five or six years.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
06-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Where do you guys think Pacquiao will be in 5-10 years from now? He has always come across as really naive.
06-18-2014, 08:49 AM
(06-18-2014 06:16 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Where do you guys think Pacquiao will be in 5-10 years from now? He has always come across as really naive.

Hopefully he'll be on his way to the bank to cash the $200MM settlement check from Arum when it becomes obvious that Arum has raped him.

I have been deeply suspicious of Arum ever since that episode where Pac had some outside auditor come in to analyze his finances and Arum shut it down.
06-18-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 10:16 AM by Snoop.)
I can't help but chuckle that every time this is the most recently commented thread that at the main board entry page it reads, "Manny Pacquiao gets raped..."

(06-18-2014 06:16 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Where do you guys think Pacquiao will be in 5-10 years from now? He has always come across as really naive.

Honestly, when I think about it, I kinda feel bad for Pacquiao. He's a pretty honest, straight forward dude who I believe just really wants the best for people. Even if he did do roids during his run up the weight classes, I wouldn't doubt that it was more of his trainers and nutritionists saying, "Here. Take this." And he followed it not knowing the full consequences of what it meant. I mean I could be getting bamboozled by the media like anyone else, but I do feel his care for other people is pretty genuine, and unfortunately he's pretty ripe to being taken advantage of it.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
But then again, there's something wrong with Pac. It was him who really fired Vision Quest. Not Arum.
06-18-2014, 10:32 AM
(06-18-2014 10:19 AM)torvix2000 Wrote:  But then again, there's something wrong with Pac. It was him who really fired Vision Quest. Not Arum.

Yeah. He's probably smarter than he lets on. Still, I think he's a decent person. Unless he really isn't. Then he's truly evil.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao retires lloyd mayflower 1 269 09-29-2021 11:36 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Manny Pacquiao - Ryan Garcia JD 5 626 01-25-2021 09:38 AM
Last Post: JD
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 5,742 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)