Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Would making a superheavy weight division...
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:
Snoop Wrote:Maybe expand the cruisers to 210-220 then? What are they at right now? 190?
The cruiserweight division is 200lbs. I think it should always be called the Heavyweight division, not super-heavyweight.

Either up the cruiserweight division to say 220, or just create another division that ranges from 200lbs-220lbs. And call it the Super-Cruiserweight division.
Yeah I'm with you on that. Heavyweight is heavyweight and I don't wanna see no super heavyweight division but a super cruiserweight division wouldn't be a major problem.

Still though, at the end of the day the big money will always be with the heavyweights so as soon as you get a good super cruiser dominating things he'll jump up to chase the ultimate prize so it won't really change a damn thing.

All you gotta do is promote boxing to the kids again. Get the kids fixated on the sport like they were back in the day. The honour and pride that goes with being world heavyweight champion has somehow been lost somewhere down the line. Free to air boxing on TV. Quality shows put on by people who are in the sport because of their love of the sport and not because of what they can make out of the sport.

Tempt these potential football and basketball players away from that line of things and into boxing. There needs to be a huge drive over there to get things started and although it will take a long time, with the right intentions the right athletes will start taking up boxing again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
I like the idea of adding an extra division between heavyweight and cruiser weight. Or increase the limit of the cruiserweights.

Either way, I think the whole name of the 'cruiser weights' doesn't appeal, I think it would work better by renaming it to Junior Heavyweight or something along those lines. I think the word 'heavyweight' will bring a lot more interest.
Ideally, light heavyweight would be a good name to have for the division directly below heavyweight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)