Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse)
07-07-2014, 06:22 PM
USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse)
There are strong rumours that Matthysse and Broner will square off on the undercard. God I hope this fight happens, I will look forward to that fight more than the main event. Will make the card worth while if they make it happen.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/4582-...ntina-card

Quote:According to a few sources, the Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana September 13th fight card may showcase two of the world's most popular, most exciting pugilists in a bout that could impact the landscape of, both, the jr welterweight and welterweight divisions.

Lucas Matthysse, arguably one of the most destructive punchers in boxing pound for pound, may face the quick, flashy and charismatic Adrien Broner.

How's that for explosive?
Matthysse vs Broner would undoubtedly inject added international interest in Mayweather vs Maidana 2 event.

Perhaps all of the fervor and nationalistic sentiment generated by the 2014 World Cup Games have promoters thinking.

U.S.A. vs Argentina?

Let's face it, even those whose teams failed to qualify or were recently eliminated are still immersed in this global phenomenon known as The World Cup.

Nation vs nation locked head-to-head in games of goodwill... There's something very special about that.

Will we see something similar September 13th?

Keep in mind, each of Mayweather's last two fights have showcased either Broner or Matthysse in the undercard.

Last September, in the undercard of Mayweather vs Canelo, the largest grossing PPV in history, RING/ Lineal WBC/WBA super lightweight champion Danny Garcia survived an early Matthysse surge to win a decision over twelve rounds in a compelling affair.

And, of course, Adrien Broner defeated Carlos Molina in the Mayweather vs Maidana I undercard this past May in a closer fight than the scoring indicated.

Argentina and Boxing

Known for being rabid soccer (futbol) fans, Argentines love their fighters as well. Interest in June's Sergio Martinez vs Miguel Cotto superfight was tremendously high in the South American republic, according to Google Trends.

The query "Maravilla Martinez" was far and away the trendiest search in Google Argentina on Friday, June 6 and Sunday, June 8. And on Saturday, fight day, "A Que Hora Pelea Maravilla Martinez" landed at No. 2 behind the soccer-related query "Argentina Eslovenia."

Mayweather vs Maidana. Broner vs Matthysse.... U.S.A. vs Argentina?

Will it happen September 13th? If so, will it have any impact on your decision to purchase or attend the Mayweather vs Maidana 2 fight card?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: USA vs Argentina (Mayweather, Broner vs Maidana, Matthysse)
broner's got this. he has learned from the maidana fight, and matthysse has only been traumatised by the garcia and mo-lina fights. broner is like the viet cong that my uncle marvin used to talk about. you could catch them with on tactic one day, but it never worked twice in a row. if only broner were half vietnamanian he would look like andre berto did after the guerrero fight.

07-07-2014, 08:16 PM
I think it'll be a good fight. Lots of action.
07-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Vietnamania for the win!

07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I hope Matthysse Knocks Broner amd that fat hair brushing midget in his entourage..... that guy annoys the fuck out of me it should be illegal to be that short and fat Damn!

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
07-07-2014, 10:48 PM
That's his dad....
07-07-2014, 10:52 PM
50-50 fight IMO. Funny thing is if Broner wins... Matthysse will instantly become overrated.
07-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Would certainly be cool if this fight were added to the card. I'd be rooting Matthysse all day as I'm sure almost all of you would. Do any Broner fans even exist?
07-07-2014, 11:03 PM
(07-07-2014 10:52 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  50-50 fight IMO. Funny thing is if Broner wins... Matthysse will instantly become overrated.

I won't say overrated but did you see Matthysse's last fight? He looks like he may be a little done. Broner despite the beating Maidana gave him still looks relatively fresh. Fresh that is for more beatings.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-08-2014, 02:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 03:00 AM by ViperSniper.)
The only thing that concerns me for Matthysse is that he had never been dropped in his entire career up until his last two fights and Broner CAN crack!

Unless Broner lands something big, I see Matthysse ripping him another one!

LM has gotta get back to using his jabs, throwing down the middle and going to the body more again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather Maidana 2 boxingcritic 312 213,781 09-24-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  FLOYD MAYWEATHER GIVES MARCOS MAIDANA A BOXING LESSON Method 13 10,552 09-15-2014 09:04 AM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 KingEugene 183 125,513 07-31-2014 12:19 PM
Last Post: damarvelous1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)