Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

July 12, 2014 - Canelo/Lara plus full slate
07-13-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: July 12, 2014 - Canelo/Lara plus full slate
(07-12-2014 01:35 PM)Romulus9 Wrote:  I think the fight is closer than most imagine... but Canelo is viewed as the future of the sport, at least in terms of the pay-per-view market. Throw in the current.... turmoil, shall we say.... at Golden Boy. Canelo losing would be a disaster, this soon after the Mayweather loss AND considering the differences between Canelo/Angulo and Lara/Angulo.

Lara is not a guy that is going to get the benefit of the doubt in close rounds against someone that is an aggressor, and that has the crowd behind them. We've seen what happens to Lara in close rounds. Look at the Paul Williams fight, which I DID score for Lara but thought it was closer than the blowout that some people believed it to be.

All those outside-the-ring factors together with the fact that I think Canelo is the better fight and Lara is MUCH more vulnerable to Alvarez than vice versa... my pick was simple.

*ahem*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: July 12, 2014 - Canelo/Lara plus full slate - Romulus9 - 07-13-2014 02:03 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  July 26, 2014 - Golovkin-Geale plus Toney, Roy Jones, and more Romulus9 18 15,241 07-27-2014 12:50 PM
Last Post: Romulus9

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)