Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Who's your favorite fighter?
07-20-2014, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2014 05:37 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Who's your favorite fighter?
Ali was a stick a move, hit and don't be hit fighter. He had to fight some big angry monsters in his time and it was generally those fights that brought the best out in him.

Ali boxed but when he had to bang, he stood up and went to war.

Kostya Tszyu, Vernon Forrest, Roy Jones Jr, Sugar Shane Mosley, Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson, Marco Antonio Barrera, Erik Morales, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns, Carlos Monzon, James Toney, Kid Gavilan, Floyd Patterson, Miguel Cotto, Sergio Martinez, Vic Darchinyan & Nonito Donaire.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2014 11:48 AM by damarvelous1.)
Rom,
2 reason why I'll always be a huge Rahman fan... He knocked out Lennox at a time I truly hated Lewis! And Rahman was the first boxer I had ever met in Person! Met him a few years later and we talked for hours! Truly one of the coolest guys in the sport! Bought me a Pepsi and everything!
07-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez: The guy had it all 10-14 years ago when he couldn't get big names in the ring with him. Crazy combos, determination, stamina and one of the best boxing brains around.

Bernard Hopkins: He can do it all, box from the outside, inside, like Marquez he knows every punch in the book, and in his prime he never seemed to get tired. A lot of similarities to Marquez, except in their style.

Juan Estrada is a current fighter that I don't think gets the attention he deserves. The guy is very skilled for his age and you can tell that he is very disciplined because like the other guys I mentioned, he has an unbelievable gas tank.

Retired: I liked Chavez and Orlando Canizales. Chavez because he could cut the ring off like no one else and just murder guys to the body, and Canizales because of the great footwork he had which allowed him to change angles on guys and blasted them with combos.
07-20-2014, 04:13 PM
My current favourites have to be Cotto and Marquez although iv been put off Marquez recently.

Like watching a few of the domestic guys like Carl Frampton, Froch, Martin Murray, Ricky Burns etc.

Ricky Hatton provided me with the excuse for some of the best times of my life in Vegas and for that I will always consider him my favourite boxer.
07-20-2014, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2014 06:03 PM by boxingcritic.)
Hopkins = G.O.A.T.
Erik Morales = ATG
Mike Tyson up to his first fight with Holyfield.
Evander Holyfield. ATG and King of the 90's
Loved Nasim Hamed
Manny Pacquiao - Pure Awesome
Loved Vargas' heart in the ring. I think Tito fought him and David Reid with Loaded Gloves and wrecked their futures.
Loved Shane Mosley at lightweight.
Riddick Bowe - When he was at his best he was unstoppable. Loved watching that over hand right.
07-21-2014, 02:10 AM
How many Hatton fights did you go to, Lloyd? I've never been to Vegas for a fight. When I went there for a vacation and the driver said its packed out when the big fights are going on. I can't imagine that place busier than it already was lol
07-21-2014, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 02:13 AM by lloyd mayflower.)
(07-21-2014 02:10 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  How many Hatton fights did you go to, Lloyd? I've never been to Vegas for a fight. When I went there for a vacation and the driver said its packed out when the big fights are going on. I can't imagine that place busier than it already was lol

I went to Hatton v Castillo at the Thomas and Mack, was in Vegas for the Mayweather fight but couldnt get tickets so had to watch on closed circuit at the mirage, and I was at Hatton v Pac. I was also at Pac v Mosley. Vaegas is big enough to swallow up a big fight crowd no problem but the MGM is fuckin crazy on fight night. Absolutely brilliant
07-21-2014, 02:16 AM
(07-21-2014 02:13 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  
(07-21-2014 02:10 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  How many Hatton fights did you go to, Lloyd? I've never been to Vegas for a fight. When I went there for a vacation and the driver said its packed out when the big fights are going on. I can't imagine that place busier than it already was lol

I went to Hatton v Castillo at the Thomas and Mack, was in Vegas for the Mayweather fight but couldnt get tickets so had to watch on closed circuit at the mirage, and I was at Hatton v Pac. I was also at Pac v Mosley. Vaegas is big enough to swallow up a big fight crowd no problem but the MGM is fuckin crazy on fight night. Absolutely brilliant

Not bad going for a total loser whose life apparently only consists of going to the pub and posting on this forum.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-21-2014, 02:18 AM
I stayed at Aria. It's right down the strip from the MGM. Was it busier for Floyd's fight with Hatton or Pac's? He said it picks up for Floyd fights. I thought it's weird since Pac sells more tickets. Might have been since it's after Pac got stopped.
07-21-2014, 02:47 AM
I saw three Hatton fights in the UK...that Danish guy (pre championship days), Tszyu and then ringside for Maussa.

The atmosphere at those fights was amazing.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)