Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Who's your favorite fighter?
07-21-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: Who's your favorite fighter?
Haha thanks Ollie! Iv also been to MSG for Calzaghe v Jones!

Gravy, Hatton v Floyd was massive. There were ~40k british fans in vegas for that fight obviously most couldnt get a ticket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 03:07 AM
I was in Miami for Mayweather-Hatton. Watched the fight outside a bar window as EVERYWHERE was packed lol! The atmosphere even outside these venues were intense.

Ricky Hatton was something else! Everytime he fought it felt like a massive fight. Can't name too many fighters who had such a loyal, passionate, hardcore fanbase as Ricky Hatton. Very special actually!
07-21-2014, 06:16 AM
Ricky Hatton was a rare throwback loved his fights...... Who else would be retired for years decide to make a comeback and go after somebody like seyvhenko or however you spell it.... loved Hatton he was so vicious

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
07-21-2014, 06:17 AM
The guy truly fought the best of his era.
07-22-2014, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 10:18 AM by KingEugene.)
Roy Jones Jr., Ali, James Toney, Sweet Pea, Andre Ward, and Zab Judah

I also like feather fisted Paulie as well. He's one of those guys that grew on me.
07-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Pernell Whitaker was my favourite active fighter back in the day.

Currently I really enjoy Froch. Strange that, a completely different type of fighter.

Historically I'd go for the great heavyweights of yesteryear because that's how I was brought up on boxing.........watching the old films on VHS.

Tommy Hearns was another I loved to watch.

Truthfully there aren't too many that really excite me these days. Inactivity and politics, things I never took into consideration back in the day, nullify my love these days.
07-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Naz - so entertaining and brought boxing to the UK big time. Always in great fights. I watched the Kelly fight the other day in his USA debut - what a barn burner!

Lennox - I know he gets a lot of stick, but I always liked him. Flew the flag for Canada...erm, I mean UK and was the last great heavyweight.

Jones Jnr - man, what a fighter. Loved watching him and used to be in awe at his abilities.

Froch - fights anyone, anywhere. Awesome.

Tyson - will we ever get bored of him?

Moseley - not quite 'sugar', but I've always enjoyed watching him fight. He's had a fantastic career and his resume is superb.

Marciano - probably the first 'old time' fighter I got into. Legend.

Judah - not quite sure why, but I like him.

There are a few others, but these came to mind first.
07-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Roman Gonzales is one of my favorite fighters. 'Best kept secret in boxing.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
07-23-2014, 12:34 AM
I think i've settled on 80's Tyson and Hamed.
07-23-2014, 10:13 AM
(07-23-2014 12:34 AM)boxingcritic Wrote:  I think i've settled on 80's Tyson and Hamed.

It's at least possible that Tyson's ring walk vs Spinks was the most exciting thing that's happened in boxing in the past 25 years.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)