Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Best Body Puncher?
09-27-2014, 05:32 AM
RE: Best Body Puncher?
(09-27-2014 05:12 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Roy Jones Jr just fought in Russia...

However he managed to get a really great looking knockout in the 1st round. I wish he threw that shot more back in his day!

I know everyone gets older and all but it just feels wrong seeing Roy looking a little thick around the waist and with little moobies.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2014, 09:20 AM
I think Roy is going to beat up a few more bums think he's relevant and go after somebody kind of relevant and get smoked

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
09-27-2014, 11:32 AM
If Roy wants to keep fighting these exhibitions and not really put himself in danger, good for him and he can enjoy his 40's still in the game. He should stay away from anyone with a pulse OR anyone with a punch. Even if the opponent has a 500 record, if he's got a 80-90% KO ratio they should keep Roy away from him.

I do think he'll rack up another 3-4 highlight reel KO's like the one linked above and then try to step in there at 46 years old or so with a relative name and get put to sleep again. Unfortunately, after this happens, chances are he "goes back to the drawing board" and continues fighting.
09-27-2014, 11:48 AM
For his age Roy showed he still has some impressive handspeed at this point in his career. He can still punch, that's for sure.
09-27-2014, 06:46 PM
I don't think Roy tries to fight anyone that's relevant at this point. I think he's comfortable fighting on his world tour vs. nobodies.
09-27-2014, 08:32 PM
RJJ is no dummy. He knows this is easy money and it lets him compete still. I don't think anyone wants to see him get knocked out again. I'd go watch him fight a nobody and look like the old RJJ.
09-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Mosley was a beast body puncher at lightweight
09-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Beterbiev is an awesome body puncher for a guy with an insanely low 13 pro rounds. I'm excited about seeing how his career goes from here. He's an amateur World Champion and a World Cup Gold Medalist, decent, but not exactly a Rigondeaux. His annihilation of Tavoris Cloud was just insane for a guy with only five pro fights. He knocked out Kovalev in the amateurs!

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-28-2014, 01:23 AM
(09-28-2014 01:19 AM)Decagon Wrote:  Beterbiev is an awesome body puncher for a guy with an insanely low 13 pro rounds. I'm excited about seeing how his career goes from here. He's an amateur World Champion and a World Cup Gold Medalist, decent, but not exactly a Rigondeaux. His annihilation of Tavoris Cloud was just insane for a guy with only five pro fights. He knocked out Kovalev in the amateurs!

I just made a thread on this guy lol

I have never seen or heard of the guy till not even 30mins ago haha
09-28-2014, 01:25 AM
When he signed to fight Cloud, he was only 4-0, with a keep-busy fight in the interim. One of my friends on Facebook follows Canadian boxing really closely, and we've talked about him for a couple of months. This is the first time I've seen him fight as a pro, however.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  QUESTION: Has the Day of the Power Puncher Gone? blackbelt2003 28 12,177 11-24-2012 08:47 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)