Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who did you score Trinidad-De La Hoya for?
Felix Tito Trinidad
Oscar De La Hoya
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won?
08-01-2014, 05:33 AM
Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won?
I recall scoring the fight to Oscar by 2 rounds or so. One thing I know is that Trinidad didn't win the fight! What would have happened if they rematched?

How did you see this fight?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: Fights revisisted. Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya. Who really won?
(08-01-2014 05:33 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  I recall scoring the fight to Oscar by 2 rounds or so. One thing I know is that Trinidad didn't win the fight! What would have happened if they rematched?

How did you see this fight?

Oscar won this closely but clearly.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-01-2014, 06:05 AM
8-4 in rounds to DLH.

Black
08-01-2014, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 06:08 AM by and the NEW.)
I think this was Oscar's performance of his career. I have never seen him stick and move so well, while still throwing in combination. Despite running for the last 3 rounds, he won this fight convincingly.

BTW, good threads Viper. It is always fun to revisit great fights.
08-01-2014, 06:29 AM
I can't remember my scorecard, but I thought DLH won this fight. He clearly outboxed Trinidad and despite getting on his bike and giving the last 3 rounds, I thought he easily banked enough.

In a rematch, I think DLH would have won it as well. I don't see the fight going much different, except DLH doesn't give away the last 3 rounds the second time around and probably is a bit more aggressive as well.
08-01-2014, 08:14 AM
(08-01-2014 06:29 AM)Fitz Wrote:  I can't remember my scorecard, but I thought DLH won this fight. He clearly outboxed Trinidad and despite getting on his bike and giving the last 3 rounds, I thought he easily banked enough.

In a rematch, I think DLH would have won it as well. I don't see the fight going much different, except DLH doesn't give away the last 3 rounds the second time around and probably is a bit more aggressive as well.

Yup, Oscar did enough despite giving the championship rounds away!

I also see De La Hoya winning the rematch in similar fashion, minus the last couple of rounds in a 8-4/9-3 type fight.

Had De La Hoya, Trinidad fought at 154 I would have given Tito a better shot & at Middleweight I would given it to Tito!
08-01-2014, 10:56 AM
DLH deserved the decision when they fought. I don't feel a score any closer than 7-5 DLH is acceptable; 8-4 felt right to me.
08-01-2014, 11:02 AM
7-5 DLH, but I'm very ok with Tito getting the decision for the way DLH finished.

It's amazing, DLH-Quartey might be my favorite 12th round of any fight (both fighters were Gods that round) and it was only 7 months before DLH totally disappointed in the Tito fight.
08-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Even in the ninth round, when De la Hoya started running, Trinidad didn't do anything. I gave Oscar rounds 1-9.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
08-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Yeah, a lot of people talk about Oscar running in round 9. But he did just as much moving in other rounds and he landed some good shots in the 9th. I think it was only the last 3 that he "ran".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oscar Gay La Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort Warlord 109 5,789 09-24-2021 12:56 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Then & Now: Oscar De La Hoya-Sergio Martinez ViperSniper 4 565 08-23-2020 10:21 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Oscar De La Hoya considering a comeback @ 160! ViperSniper 11 750 06-27-2020 03:12 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)