Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Matching modern Heavyweights fights.
08-01-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 02:44 PM by ViperSniper.)
Question Matching modern Heavyweights fights.
To follow the HW theme I thought I'd put together some names within the last 15 years or so, that weren't your usual suspects. If all were to fight eachother (at their best) once, who would win in each group?

Group A
Moorer
McCall
Ruiz
Byrd

Group B
Golota
Botha
Sanders
Messi

Group C
Briggs
Brock
T.Thomas
Grant

Group D (for danger)
Tua
Brewster
Peter
Arreola

Group A: Moorer or Ruiz
Group B: Golota
Group C: Briggs
Group D: Tua or Brewster

pardon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: Matching modern Heavyweights fights.
Too much work.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
08-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I know lol

If/when your ready tho Dec Big Grin
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
WTF is this?
08-01-2014, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 03:17 PM by TheTeddyBear.)
Ruiz - Beats Moorer Beats Byrd Loses to McCall finishes 2-1

Moorer - Beats McCall Beats Byrd Loses to Ruiz finishes 2-1

McCall - Beats Ruiz Beats Loses to Byrd Loses to Moorer finishes 1-2

Byrd- Beats McCall Loses to everybody else

Moorer and Ruiz advance from A

is T.Thomas Tommy "franco" Thomas

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
08-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Tony tiger Thomspon!

Wow Teddy, you broke down in detail. I couldn't get to sleep and thought I'd throw a bunch of names and see whose name comes out on top. Thought there were some interesting matchups..
08-02-2014, 03:59 AM
I'm looking at it from a first fights second, third fights forth aspect.

Group A = McCall beats Moorer, Byrd beats Ruiz, Byrd Beats McCall.

Group B = Golota beats Botha, Messi beats Sanders, Messi beats Golota.

Group C = Thompson comes thru on this one.

Group D = Tua over Brewster, Peter over Arreola, Tua over Peter.

That leaves Byrd, Messi, Thompson and Tua

Since this gives us a real matchup that actually took place I have to say Byrd over Tua. Messi over Thompson....Byrd over Messi.

Chris Byrd wins it all.

And trust me I HATE that my man Messi went down, but he did....hell I could play this all day long! lol
08-02-2014, 04:31 AM
The only thing I hate about Mesi is the fact that he barely got past Jirov.

I was rooting for Jirov hard in that fight and he all but had Mesi beat in there. Mesi is lucky that was Jirov's first fight at heavy.

Speaking of Jirov, what ever happened to the dude? I'm pretty sure he had solid string of wins following the Mesi loss but don't recall him ever retiring or anything he just kind of vanished. Always liked his heart, volume punching, body work and natural power.
08-02-2014, 04:37 AM
I thought Jirov had some health issues related to Toney/Mesi fights...but I could be wrong.

You know I thought Mesi was a LOT better than what many gave him credit for. And no matter who likes it or not.....Joe Mesi is undefeated! lol

Seriously...it is a shame about his head injury, he might not have ever been champion...but he would have provided some very interesting fights over the years had he been able to continue his career.
08-02-2014, 04:55 AM
(08-02-2014 04:37 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  I thought Jirov had some health issues related to Toney/Mesi fights...but I could be wrong.

You know I thought Mesi was a LOT better than what many gave him credit for. And no matter who likes it or not.....Joe Mesi is undefeated! lol

Seriously...it is a shame about his head injury, he might not have ever been champion...but he would have provided some very interesting fights over the years had he been able to continue his career.

See I thought Messi was junk! I feel robbed that I didn't see him have the concussive loss I was sure he was gonna take. For some reason I just really didn't like that dude.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)