08-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier get into a brawl at UFC 178 media day
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/4/5968...-media-day
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier get into a brawl at UFC 178 media day
Beauty!!!!

Loved seeing Dana White tossed aside like an empty suit. How did you guys score it?

Anyway.... for the first time in a long time i want to see a ufc fight! Just like that.
08-04-2014, 05:57 PM
That wasn't Dana, he's on vacation. As for who won it, I'd score it a draw. The only clean action was DC shoving Jones by the throat. Everything else was a melee.

DC is ahead on the scorecards right now though. That was very uncharacteristic of Jones. He never even looks guys in the eyes on stare downs, but now he wants to come in and put his ugly head right up on DC? All that tells me is that Jones is feeling insecure, as he well he should be.
08-04-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 06:00 PM by lloyd mayflower.)
My bad. Watched it on the small screen first time round. Although I reckon a little bald guy getting ragdolled like that could be mistaken for Dana everyday of the week!
Himdsight is a wonderful thing but if DC had known how Jones would kick off he could have really planted him and made it interesting
08-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I wish DC would've just hit Jones with a power double leg instead. Give him a taste of what the fight will be like for however long it lasts.
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
I lolled at the ESPN interview they had with the two later on that day. Jon Jones said, "I would have thought an Olympic wrestler would be harder to take down."

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
08-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Except Jones didn't take him down. DC fell on his back with three security guards when the stage collapsed. Jones is just fake as hell.
08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Oh, I'm just laughing at Jones's heel routine. I think he does it almost as well as Mayweather.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
08-05-2014, 12:47 PM
That's not saying much, lol. I don't think Mayweather is particularly great as a heel either. Neither of those guys are even up to Broner's standards, let alone guys like Ali or Tyson.

Back to Jones, he made those takedown remarks on Twitter, didn't he? On the SC interview, he was back to his fake, monotone personality. He only talks shit on social media.
08-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Tyson didn't "play" the heel. He was just a thug. Mayweather, without having Tyson's or Ali's knockout power, and being a welterweight/jr. middleweight, has become the most talked-about fighter in boxing. I can't believe anyone who follows the media thinks that Broner is a better heel than Mayweather. A good heel draws money. Mayweather draws money based on his personality alone, more than any heavyweight since Tyson (adjusting for inflation, etc...).

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Daniel Cormier versus Jon Jones Warlord 7 8,266 08-01-2014 11:21 AM
Last Post: Decagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)