Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII
08-19-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Mark Hamill looking pretty bad-ass for Star Wars Episode VII
It'd be great to see the Targaryen's and the Mad King too.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2014, 05:10 PM
(08-19-2014 01:43 PM)Method Wrote:  Totally originals first.

On another note, I really wish they'd do a Game of Thrones PrequelL: The Tywin Lanister Chronicles.

Game of Thrones prequel, yes. No to the Tywin Lannister chronicles. It'd be Robert's Rebellion for me. That would feature all the Lannister action you could ask for anyway.

Plus we'd get to see Sean Bean back as Ned Stark.

(08-19-2014 01:54 PM)Spyder Wrote:  It'd be great to see the Targaryen's and the Mad King too.

That's why I say Robert's Rebellion. Would be the perfect prequel, as it would feature most every character that people love on the show, plus it would show how the war came to be. A prequel could even address some of the mysteries that abound in the current series, such as....

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD...

Such as the parentage of Jon Snow, for example. The dominant theory is that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, and that Ned took him in as his bastard after the death of the two, as Ned reflects on Lyanna's death in the books, and her last words, "Promise me, Ned."

Ned's honor is well established, and even Robert reflected that he'd like to meet the woman that "made Ned Stark forget about his honor."

Of course, the most honorable thing Ned could do is allow his honor to be stained in order to protect Jon Snow from Robert's wrath, and further war throughout the seven kingdoms, as Jon would have no doubt been a rallying point for Targaryen loyalists.

Being half Stark and half Targaryen makes Jon the rightful heir to the throne, and to Winterfel, and would also make him a natural suitor for Danaerys, the rightful queen.

GRRM already went on record a few days ago saying that some fans had figured out the ending to the series, but that he wouldn't change it.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Robert's Rebellion would be dope too.

I just like Tywin's character so much w the current actor playing him. Plus, w the prequel, you know Tywin lives into GOT, so it would sorta segue-way into the current sitchie in GOT. But yeah, Warlord, I'd taker any kind of fucking prequel.

Would kill to see Bean back in action. I truly think HBO used Bean as a teaser to get everybody tuned in...he's such a big name.
08-22-2014, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 12:48 AM by FernandoDaDonLOM.)
(08-19-2014 12:55 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  You know, I think fanboys (of which I am one) totally rip on the prequels WAY TOO MUCH!

They knit pick to a level that only adults could OR would do. Which is why I think it is unfair to totally rip into them as total shit. Much of the love of STAR WARS comes from it taking place in most people's youth. Those aspects are all but dried up by the time men and women reach their 30-40s....so it's unfair to compare a beloved childhood film trilogy with it's prequels that came out when you were mean, pissed off, overworked, bitter adults.....of course you will find fault in it.

I can assure there are millions of kids of say 20-25 today that have the same warm and fuzzy feelings for the prequels that those of us older fans have for the 3 original films.

Sure there were some things I did not care for in the 3 prequels...but I'll gladly take that in stride to see some of the things that they showed us...like what a badass Yoda is, you were led to believe that from the originals...but to see it first had was awesome! Also to see Vader transform....people always rip on the step down/NOOOOOO aspect. But that was Lucas doing what he has always done an homage to things he loved as a kid...in this case Frankenstein. And...in a bit of geek boy defense, the novel about Vader after he was put into the suit explains how uncomfortable and bulky and difficult he found it to be at first....so the heavy step off the med table actually portrays this pretty well.

With all of the STAR WARS films....you just have to enjoy them for what they are...if you put too much thought and comparison into you will ALWAYS ruin it for yourself.

As for these new ones....I was a bit put off with Disney taking the reigns....but when they announced the original cast being a part of it...I was sold. I'm not a fan of what JJ did with Star Trek so I hope he don't go in that direction with it....but I'll give them a shot. I'm already a bit put off with the look of the new cartoon coming out called Rebels....in comparison with Clone Wars it does not look as good to me...but I know it's aimed at kids...so it is what it is.

Totally agree Im not a star wars geek but I do enjoy the movies. Star Wars episode 1 is nostalgic to me because I was 9 when it came out and Darth Maul was awesome and the battle with Qui Gon and Obi Wan is one of my all time favorite fights cuz of the fast paced action. It was the talk in my class and I had Darth Maul action figures and had the Double Bladed lightsaber.

Star Wars Episode 2 was terrible totally hated it.

Star Wars 3 was better but no classic

Dath Vader, Luke and Bobba Fett were badass but I did find Darth Vaders force choke very lame and too overpowered.

But episode 1 will probably be my favorite
08-22-2014, 01:21 AM
(08-22-2014 12:46 AM)FernandoDaDonLOM Wrote:  
(08-19-2014 12:55 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  You know, I think fanboys (of which I am one) totally rip on the prequels WAY TOO MUCH!

They knit pick to a level that only adults could OR would do. Which is why I think it is unfair to totally rip into them as total shit. Much of the love of STAR WARS comes from it taking place in most people's youth. Those aspects are all but dried up by the time men and women reach their 30-40s....so it's unfair to compare a beloved childhood film trilogy with it's prequels that came out when you were mean, pissed off, overworked, bitter adults.....of course you will find fault in it.

I can assure there are millions of kids of say 20-25 today that have the same warm and fuzzy feelings for the prequels that those of us older fans have for the 3 original films.

Sure there were some things I did not care for in the 3 prequels...but I'll gladly take that in stride to see some of the things that they showed us...like what a badass Yoda is, you were led to believe that from the originals...but to see it first had was awesome! Also to see Vader transform....people always rip on the step down/NOOOOOO aspect. But that was Lucas doing what he has always done an homage to things he loved as a kid...in this case Frankenstein. And...in a bit of geek boy defense, the novel about Vader after he was put into the suit explains how uncomfortable and bulky and difficult he found it to be at first....so the heavy step off the med table actually portrays this pretty well.

With all of the STAR WARS films....you just have to enjoy them for what they are...if you put too much thought and comparison into you will ALWAYS ruin it for yourself.

As for these new ones....I was a bit put off with Disney taking the reigns....but when they announced the original cast being a part of it...I was sold. I'm not a fan of what JJ did with Star Trek so I hope he don't go in that direction with it....but I'll give them a shot. I'm already a bit put off with the look of the new cartoon coming out called Rebels....in comparison with Clone Wars it does not look as good to me...but I know it's aimed at kids...so it is what it is.

Dath Vader, Luke and Bobba Fett were badass but I did find Darth Vaders force choke very lame and too overpowered.

Well...keep in mind Vader was limited to using the force choke so much because it is the only force attack he can use with the mechanical prosthetic hands. As a matter of fact Emperor Palpatine hated that Vader was so limited AFTER the incident that put him in the suit. He hated that Vader could not use force lightning...as it would fry the mechanical hands.
08-22-2014, 11:45 AM
I never read that about Vader not being able to use force lightning. I haven't kept up with the Star Wars fanfic and other stuff since the three new movies came out. When I was in college, I loved the Heir to the Empire trilogy and read a lot of the stuff out there. I've moved past fan-fic, but I did go back to read some of the Star Trek: Enterprise novels because I loved that series when I finally saw it.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
08-22-2014, 08:47 PM
(08-22-2014 11:45 AM)Decagon Wrote:  I never read that about Vader not being able to use force lightning. I haven't kept up with the Star Wars fanfic and other stuff since the three new movies came out. When I was in college, I loved the Heir to the Empire trilogy and read a lot of the stuff out there. I've moved past fan-fic, but I did go back to read some of the Star Trek: Enterprise novels because I loved that series when I finally saw it.

I always liked Enterprise too. Don't know why it got such a bad rap from some fans.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
08-23-2014, 12:23 AM
The Zahn novels were awesome. MANY MANY fans were hoping that Disney was going to adapt Heir to the Empire as the sequels. It would have been awesome. Grand Admiral Thrawn (sp)?, the clone Jedi.

those were good books. Also liked Dark Horse's Dark Empire as well. Would love to see an older. luke I'm a black padded Vader suit.
08-23-2014, 11:03 AM
I didn't like Dark Empire so much. The return of the Emperor just rubbed me the wrong way, especially five years later.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New Star Wars is shit. Warlord 40 11,417 06-03-2018 11:21 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower
  Star Wars: Rogue One Snoop 38 27,690 06-10-2016 07:55 PM
Last Post: Spyder
  New Star Wars Official Trailer boxingcritic 127 69,074 01-21-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)