Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who is the man at Light Heavyweight
Hopkins
Kovalev
Stevenson
Ward
[Show Results]

Who is the man at Light Heavyweight?
09-16-2014, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 02:28 AM by ViperSniper.)
Who is the man at Light Heavyweight?
Might sound silly, but I want to know what yous think!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Who is the man at Light Heavyweight?
I guess Stevenson is as he beat that man that beat the man. However for me personally it will come from the winner of the Hopkins/Kovalev fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-16-2014, 08:18 AM
Stevenson, he is the linear light heavyweight champion. Hopkins/Kovalev winner will be the peoples champion.
09-16-2014, 08:22 AM
What the? This was posted by accident and wasn't even done! Ah wells lol!
Well I ask for a couple of reasons.
In the past their have been similar situations (usually between 2 fighters) where opinions have been divided.
Kovalev has been considered the monster of the division. Hopkins is the most experienced and most accomplished fighters, not to mention holds 2 belts. Stevenson beat the linear champion. Now with Hopkins-Kovalev unification fight coming up, I'm sure opinions might change. However, regardless of outcome, Stevenson is the man and the true Light Heavyweight champion based on the simple fact he beat Dawson. How do you guys see things at Light Heavyweight? Whatever the reasoning, I gotta say that this has got to be one of the best division in boxing.
09-16-2014, 05:20 PM
There are three lineages out there, the Roy Jones lineage (dead with Calzaghe's retirement), the Hopkins lineage (through Dawson to Ward) and the Michalczewski lineage (through Edrei to Ward). Ward holds both lineages. He's the World Light Heavyweight Champion, lol.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Stevenson is the guy who I rank as the best champion. There is no 'man' since there is no undisputed champion. If Hopkins and Stevenson fight, then we get one. Until then it's pure speculation

Black
09-16-2014, 06:43 PM
(09-16-2014 05:29 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Stevenson is the guy who I rank as the best champion. There is no 'man' since there is no undisputed champion. If Hopkins and Stevenson fight, then we get one. Until then it's pure speculation

Black

I do get the feeling that whoever wins out of Hopkins and Kovalev will want to take on Stevenson fairly quickly. I think we will have a definitive answer to this question within 6 months.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
09-16-2014, 07:59 PM
I fucking hope so, Ollie. Floyd and the welterweight division has lost boxing a lot of honesty points with me. B-Hop and 175 could top them up again. Hops vs Stevenson for the undisputed light heavyweight championship of the world would be a great pugilistic tonic to the Mayweather antics I've put up with in the last ten years.

Black
09-16-2014, 08:26 PM
I'd make Stevenson the man if he hadnt blatantly ran from both Kovalev and Hopkins, but since he did, I'd go w 'Dre for beating Dawson. After that, I'd go winner of Hopkins/Kovalev. Again, Stevenson would have a claim, but he ducked out of two fights to prove it, and now he ducking Pascal. Andre Ward the man in my book. He beat Dawson immediately after Dawson beat Bhop.
09-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Ward beat Dawson, but not at 175. I can't see an argument for saying Ward is "the man" at light heavy as a result.

Same way if Cotto dropped back down to fight Mayweather and lost, Mayweather isn't "the man" at middleweight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fantasy Light Heavyweight tournament ViperSniper 14 1,125 02-08-2019 05:40 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Beterbiev - A man the Light Heavyweight division should fear? ViperSniper 35 22,815 10-06-2014 04:34 PM
Last Post: Decagon
  Kessler to move upto Light Heavyweight! ViperSniper 5 3,790 03-27-2012 01:36 PM
Last Post: Fitz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)