Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Floyd's last 2 fights.
09-17-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: Floyd's last 2 fights.
Floyd's career is funny! He's had a great run and in my opinion should go down as one of the top 50 fighters of all time. However, I totally agree that his career could/should have been much better. When you look at his resume I really don't think his work at 147 is special. Honestly, his three wins at 154 trump anything he's done at 147.

I don't think he fights Khan at this point. Khan's style would pose a real threat and Floyd probably doesnt want to risk his 0. I think Danny Garcia will definitely get a fight with Floyd. I honestly believe the plan was for them to fight in September but Floyd decided to give Maidana a rematch becuase he really is running out of legit fights. Maybe Pacquiao but I highly doubt it. My dark horse to get a fight with Floyd is Adrien Broner. It wouldn't shock me one bit to see him land this fight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2014, 10:38 AM
(09-17-2014 06:15 AM)gravytrain Wrote:  All it takes is one fight, Brutal. And khan would be a bigger name. Floyd still has to play ball to close out this contract, he can't just fight one of his hoochie mommas. I think Khan will be his hard fight and probably Matthysse will be his easy fight. He'll probably need at least six months to recover from that bite too.

I agree, but Khan IMO needs that one fight.

I see no reason that Khan, who is 3-2 in his last 5 fights, with none of those 3 being big wins should get a crack at Mayweather. Khan barely rounds out the top 10 at Welter currently and needs a win over a top guy to put himself in a bargaining position to face Floyd.

I'd rather see Floyd try to feast on another little guy moving up in Garcia. At least Garcia had proven throughout his career that he always rises to the occasion and has always exceeded our expectations of him.
09-17-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm willing to bet that Danny Garcia is next! He's a young, undefeated champ who doesn't stand much if a chance against Floyd. That't exactly the type of fight Floyd is looking for. There's a reason why Haymon matched Garcia against Salka a not a live body.
09-17-2014, 04:56 PM
I agree with you Dmarv, and I like your honesty regarding Floyd as a fan of his.
09-17-2014, 07:27 PM
(09-17-2014 10:56 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  I'm willing to bet that Danny Garcia is next! He's a young, undefeated champ who doesn't stand much if a chance against Floyd. That't exactly the type of fight Floyd is looking for. There's a reason why Haymon matched Garcia against Salka a not a live body.

I actually think Garcia gives Floyd a much better fight than most would expect. Garcia has exceeded expectations just about every time he's ever fought and manages to beat the odds whenever he's not supposed to. I'm not saying that he beats Mayweather, but I think he gives a strong account of himself and makes Mayweather work hard for the win as he had to against Cotto and Maidana. Mayweather certainly gets hit with more punches now than he ever has, even by his own admission, and Garcia has enough speed/combination punching and pop to have plenty of moments throughout the fight. I thought both Khan and Matthysse would beat Garcia and was obviously wrong, so going forward regardless of his opponent I'm not going to just write off Garcia.
09-17-2014, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 10:50 PM by Method.)
Looks like Ellerbe and Rafael Garcia are OUT of TMT.

Hahaahhaa. WTF is Ellerbe gonna do now.

Enter Richard Schaefer, and a massive fucking lawsuit.
09-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Ellerbe might be able to hook up with some young Floyd wannabes. Label himself as the guy that made Floyd Mayweather. We know that is not true, but he might get some cats to buy it.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2014, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 09:08 PM by damarvelous1.)
If Floyd is really serious about getting into Promoting... Ellerbe had to go. Just no way around it.

(09-17-2014 07:27 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  
(09-17-2014 10:56 AM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  I'm willing to bet that Danny Garcia is next! He's a young, undefeated champ who doesn't stand much if a chance against Floyd. That't exactly the type of fight Floyd is looking for. There's a reason why Haymon matched Garcia against Salka a not a live body.

I actually think Garcia gives Floyd a much better fight than most would expect. Garcia has exceeded expectations just about every time he's ever fought and manages to beat the odds whenever he's not supposed to. I'm not saying that he beats Mayweather, but I think he gives a strong account of himself and makes Mayweather work hard for the win as he had to against Cotto and Maidana. Mayweather certainly gets hit with more punches now than he ever has, even by his own admission, and Garcia has enough speed/combination punching and pop to have plenty of moments throughout the fight. I thought both Khan and Matthysse would beat Garcia and was obviously wrong, so going forward regardless of his opponent I'm not going to just write off Garcia.
Im lost here... I like Garcia, I think he's a good fighter but why does everyone say "He beat all odds" and "He exceeded expectations"? He beat Khan in a fight that most people picked Khan to win but everybody knew that if Garcia could land, he had a chance!

Garcia got his face caved in by a beyond shot Morales and he faded late against Judah. Matthysse was a solid win but "The Machine" is overrated in his own right.

Mauricio beat Danny!

Garcia brings nothing to the table against Floyd. He won't overwhelm Floyd with activity nor force Floyd to the ropes. Danny will sit back looking to land a big shot and play catch up over 12 fairly easy rounds for Floyd.
09-17-2014, 09:58 PM
If Mauricio Herrera can beat Garcia then so can Mayweather!

By saying that, Garcia is a credible opponent compared to the shit Floyd has served in the past!

It might be the fan in me..but I want Tim Bradley to have a crack! He is worthy, fights like an animal
09-17-2014, 10:11 PM
(09-17-2014 09:00 PM)damarvelous1 Wrote:  Im lost here... I like Garcia, I think he's a good fighter but why does everyone say "He beat all odds" and "He exceeded expectations"?

Quite simply because he's undefeated, and in being undefeated there have been several fights that most picked Garcia to lose. Therefore, by definition, if he was expected to lose [by the majority] and hasn't yet lost, he has exceeded expectations.

I'm not saying Garcia beats Floyd; I don't think he does. But I do think he gives Floyd more trouble than "12 fairly easy rounds."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  6 fights you want to see Floyd take! ViperSniper 28 17,187 02-28-2013 10:24 AM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)