Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Floyd's last 2 fights.
09-18-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: Floyd's last 2 fights.
Garcia beat the odds against Matthysse and Khan. But Khan was such a fucktard in that fight, he's acting like Garcia was a heavybag then once he got caught he ignored everything Roach was telling him. Imagine how it's for Freddie to get blamed for that loss and get called a bad trainer lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2014, 03:23 AM
I just don't like Mayweather-Garcia...not when the welterweight division is so stacked.

And Garcia still has plenty at 140, too, including Peterson, a Matthyse rematch, Algieri, Provodnikov, Jessie Vargas...all of those are decent matches.

Black
09-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Agreed that there are plenty of fights still for Garcia at 140. However, I question Garcia's ability to make 140 at this point comfortably. He's been at 140 his entire career, and certainly once you get to your mid-late 20's that's going to be more difficult than when you're 19-20. For the last few years he's been weighing in essentially right at the limit or within a quarter pound. In his last fight for whatever reason he fought above the 140 pound limit. I'm not sure if that had to do with him starting to struggle to hit 140 or what. Anyway, realistically not many guys are Mickey Ward and stay at 140 or whatever their weight is for their full careers, so I'd anticipate a bump to 147 for Garcia much sooner rather than later.
09-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Well, the techniques for cutting weight have improved over the past 10 years. We're even seeing fighters dropping down in weight, especially in MMA.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-18-2014, 12:05 PM
(09-18-2014 11:36 AM)Decagon Wrote:  Well, the techniques for cutting weight have improved over the past 10 years. We're even seeing fighters dropping down in weight, especially in MMA.

Yeah? What's changed? I don't really follow the medical side of it, I'm curious.
09-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Cutting out carbs is a big difference. Although that started more than 10 years ago, it's become huge across sports. Mike Dolce is the man in MMA for weight cutting. Some fighters have cut and regained up to 30 pounds using his techniques. On The Ultimate Fighter, Rhonda Rousey cut 18 pounds in a single day just to prove a point, and she's a bantamweight (135 pounds). It's a lot of fruits and vegetables, mostly, but I've read that the Dolce diet also includes oats.

In the 1980s and 1990s, when day-before weigh-ins started, only a few boxers were able to cut weight effectively. I think the best example is Gerald McClellan. He had a 15 pound advantage on almost everyone he stepped into the ring with, and that's why he got so many kayos. I think if he fought in today's middleweight division, he wouldn't do as well, because almost everyone cuts weight now. Part of the reason Roy Jones beat Bernard Hopkins is that he had a huge weight advantage.

Hated on
The alpha is
For marching to a beat
Only his.
09-18-2014, 12:54 PM
MMA guys working with real nutritionists has probably helped them out some. Those guys are working with bodybuilders and shit so they know how to cut waterweight just by doing basic stuff like manipulating sodium intake. With boxing more guys are probably doing it the old school way where they just dont eat or drink anything and sweat it out. That's why you see so many mma guys cutting 20-30 pounds when someone cutting 15 is a big deal for boxing.
09-18-2014, 06:23 PM
The fact that he claimed that he was going to go for the KO but turned in one of his least entertaining fights, even by Mayweather standards, really seems to have pissed off a lot of fans, even more so that after the anti-climatic Ortiz fight. Lampley and and others went off on him for his comments about the NFL guy who iced his wife, the fans are angry Mayweather's boring style and lack of competition, the PPV numbers, other than the Canelo fight, have been subpar, and apparently even the gamblers didn't seem terribly interested in wagering on the fight.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/115...-jr-fights

So low PPV numbers, low wagers, and frustrated fans. I think it's safe to say that the Mayweather gravy train is soon to come to a screeching halt. The only way he can recover from this is if he fights a big name. Who would that be? Khan isn't one, nor is Kell Brook, Devon Alexander or Timothy Bradley.

Danny Garcia and maybe Keith Thurman could get a rise out of the hardcore boxing fans, but I don't think either fight breaks a million buys. Canelo and Cotto seem to be headed on a collision course so the only other name is the one we all wanted back in 2010.

If that fight ever happens it will surely make an astronomical sum of money and really if you think about, the entire 5 year stall would have been worth it for both Pacquiao and Mayweather's team. They would have held big events that generated millions, finally got it on 5 years too late and still made the fans fork over their cash.

Part of me is curious to see what would happen if Algieri beat Pacquiao and spoiled everything.
09-18-2014, 06:38 PM
http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/9/18/638...nds-by-his

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2014, 08:28 PM
(09-18-2014 06:23 PM)Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:  Part of me is curious to see what would happen if Algieri beat Pacquiao and spoiled everything.

I think we all know what would happen - Floyd would fight Algieri and say Pacquiao isn't worthy of a fight with him. Then Floyd would outclass Algieri all night en route to a 119-109 type decision and say "see what I did to the guy that beat Pacquiao?"

Assuming Pacquiao is still 75% of himself, there's no way he loses to Algieri.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  6 fights you want to see Floyd take! ViperSniper 28 17,187 02-28-2013 10:24 AM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)