Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Floyd's last 2 fights.
09-18-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Floyd's last 2 fights.
Floyd would sooo fight Algieri in a heartbeat if he caused the upset! It would be very un-floyd-like if he didn't. Always wanting to step into someone elses spotlight (who doesn't pose a threat that is).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Floyd is going to fight Garcia (an A- level boxer with B- power moving up in weight) in one of his last two fights guaranteed.

The other fight will be Pac and if Floyd has a 3rd fight Khan will be in the mix in whatever order.
09-19-2014, 07:31 AM
(09-18-2014 11:46 PM)salvador Wrote:  Floyd is going to fight Garcia (an A- level boxer with B- power moving up in weight) in one of his last two fights guaranteed.

The other fight will be Pac and if Floyd has a 3rd fight Khan will be in the mix in whatever order.

I highly doubt Floyd will fight a 3rd fight and he'll choose Khan over Pac, unless of course Pac shows some serious weaknesses in his next fight.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2014, 08:57 AM
floyd will need to keep fighting to advance mayweather promotions. He will try to duplicate what hoya did to make network deals
09-19-2014, 09:31 AM
(09-19-2014 08:57 AM)jlupi Wrote:  floyd will need to keep fighting to advance mayweather promotions. He will try to duplicate what hoya did to make network deals

I would have agreed with that until last saturday's fight. Floyd looked old and I've never seen his face look like that after a fight.

Khan, Garcia and Pac are all easier fights than Maidana and so Floyd will take them, but he will have to use everything he has left in the tank to do it.
09-19-2014, 10:00 AM
(09-19-2014 09:31 AM)salvador Wrote:  
(09-19-2014 08:57 AM)jlupi Wrote:  floyd will need to keep fighting to advance mayweather promotions. He will try to duplicate what hoya did to make network deals

I would have agreed with that until last saturday's fight. Floyd looked old and I've never seen his face look like that after a fight.

Khan, Garcia and Pac are all easier fights than Maidana and so Floyd will take them, but he will have to use everything he has left in the tank to do it.

I noticed that too Sal. I had never seen Floyd's nose and lips busted up!
09-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Viper, I also agree with Brutal in that Floyd sounded kind of rattled and unsure of himself in the post fight interview.

He's near the end and he knows it.
09-19-2014, 10:13 AM
(09-19-2014 10:07 AM)salvador Wrote:  Viper, I also agree with Brutal in that Floyd sounded kind of rattled and unsure of himself in the post fight interview.

He sounded really shaken up like he just had the shit scared out of him 5 seconds earlier like he saw a ghost or something. Was very out of character for him. That coupled with the fact that he said he got hit with punches he normally wouldn't have been hit with and he felt "dead" compared to how he felt in his last fight was enough for me to hear to determine that he's without question on the downside.
09-19-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2014 11:57 AM by ViperSniper.)
Yes. Not sure if it were Brutal or not. But I know someone posted straight after mentioning Floyd's post Interview being telling. One thing I did notice was he definitely wasn't cocky and came across quite more humble. My take on that was..based on the stories, scandal and the fight itself...Floyd had no reason to be cocky! He was more worried about how busted up he looked!
09-19-2014, 11:38 AM
(09-19-2014 10:13 AM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  
(09-19-2014 10:07 AM)salvador Wrote:  Viper, I also agree with Brutal in that Floyd sounded kind of rattled and unsure of himself in the post fight interview.

He sounded really shaken up like he just had the shit scared out of him 5 seconds earlier like he saw a ghost or something. Was very out of character for him. That coupled with the fact that he said he got hit with punches he normally wouldn't have been hit with and he felt "dead" compared to how he felt in his last fight was enough for me to hear to determine that he's without question on the downside.

I don't think he was shaken up. I think he was embarrassed that he had a fat ass lip and a missing tooth (rumored). He wouldn't look directly at the camera and he kept his head down as if he was trying to hide his face.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  6 fights you want to see Floyd take! ViperSniper 28 17,187 02-28-2013 10:24 AM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)