Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

middleweight tournament
12-26-2014, 01:08 PM
middleweight tournament
The middleweight division is another very stacked division in boxing,I thought it might be fun to put together a middle tourney as well, and honestly I'm home bored so what better to do.

fight 1: Gennady Golovkin 31-0 v Sergio Gabriel Martinez 51-3-2

fight 2: Miguel Cotto 39-4 v Andy Lee 34-2

fight 3: Peter Quillen 31-0 v Jermain Taylor 33-4

fight 4: Billy Jo Saunders 21-0 v Daniel Jacobs 28-1

winner of 1 fights winner of 2 and 3 fights 4
the first round of the tournament are 10 rounds fights with the semis and finals being 12

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2014, 10:52 PM
RE: middleweight tournament
Man, this would be a bloodbath for Golovkin. I wouldn't say the middleweight division is stacked. It has a good number of what would be fringe contenders in other eras, but GGG is the only elite guy (Cotto is not an elite middle).

I think Murray and Geale would beat any of those guys other than GGG. Lemieux would probably startch a number of them as well.
12-27-2014, 10:58 PM
You can put whatever names in there that you want. But until he leaves the division or retires, the solution is always Golovkin. Just a matter of who he goes through on the way.

Carl Froch will fight just about anyone and he said absolutely not to GGG. Enough said. I am really wanting to see Golovkin-Chavez Jr., but it looks like Froch is going to get to JCC first.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2014, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014 11:02 PM by and the NEW.)
Man, I want to see GGG vs Canelo or maybe another top fighter from 154 like Lara.

Aside from that, I would like to see him against the best at 168, such as Andre Dirrell (who Golovkin said was one of his hardest amateur fights), Ward or even a proper Mexican, Zurdo Ramirez.

I would even be happy to see him go through Groves or DeGale!

I hope Chavez Jr is stopped by Froch and retires. On another note, WTF happened to Kessler?
12-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Groves wants no part of Golovkin. DeGale puts up a better fight.

I doubt Froch stops Chavez. Just beats him senseless for 12 rounds like Martinez did for 11.5 rounds.

Kessler is pretty well done, I think. At least in terms of relevance.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2014 11:14 PM by Method.)
(12-27-2014 10:58 PM)Romulus9 Wrote:  Carl Froch will fight just about anyone and he said absolutely not to GGG. Enough said.

Carl Froch is a pussy for that.
12-28-2014, 02:46 AM
I would have liked to have seen GGG fight Lara, Lara has been the only credible fighter that has called him out.

By the way, GGG wins this tournament easy. The middleweight division sucks and while Cotto is elite, the jury is still out on how he is at middle IMO.
12-28-2014, 10:43 AM
GGG is the man at Middleweight right now but his team has done an excellent job managing his career. He won't go near any pure boxers right now because he will get undressed. It's funny, GGG has called out everybody under the sun and the fans jump behind him but he won't fight Ward and won't respond to Lara.

I'm not saying this to hate on Triple G. I'll never miss his fights but HBO and his team are doing a great job with marketing and matching this guy.
12-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Triple G/Ward, 3G/Lara, 3G/Cotto, 3G/Hopkins 3G/Canelo would all be solid fights and one of these 4 should be made. I just feel this guy fights these fucking nobodies. I'm not saying he doesn't have the goods, by all accounts, he seems to have something special about him, but make some fights already.

I'd love to see 3G/Cotto. At least you know Cotto comes to stand in there and throw a bit. He looked decent at middie, though only one fight. Fight would favor 3G, but I doubt it goes the distance either way.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)